Data Scientist, Lifecyle
Slack, San Francisco
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Slack is hiring experienced data scientists to join our Lifecycle team. The Lifecycle team’s mission is to build product experiences that help companies of all sizes adopt and scale Slack within their organization. These product experiences include team and user onboarding, payments and billing systems, and the marketing and packaging of paid plans.
You will use data to help the team discover opportunities and define appropriate solutions to user problems by performing research into user behavior, defining and applying experimentation standards, and understanding the drivers of business performance.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Use data to influence the direction of team roadmaps and inform business decisions
- Deepen our understanding of our product, our users, and our business through data and the use of the scientific method
- Work with partner teams to define goals and identify metrics that describe our product through data
- Be an ambassador for data by improving the availability, understanding, and sophistication with data at Slack
What you should have
- 6+ years of professional industry experience doing quantitative analysis
- A consistent record of using analysis to impact key business or product decisions
- The ability to clearly and effectively communicate the results of complex analyses
- Understanding of standard data science methodologies
- Deep understanding of statistics
- Ability to write clean code, especially in R or Python
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Empathy. Courtesy. Playfulness. Craftsmanship. Solidarity — these are some of the values we live by, as a company. We work by them, too: we’re building a platform and products we believe in — knowing there is real value to be gained from helping people, wherever they are, simplify whatever it is that they do and bring more of themselves to their work.
We’re building a strong, diverse team of curious, creative people who want to find a purpose in their work and support each other in the process. We work hard and we play to win… within normal business hours. And then we go home.
That balance is important: It enables us to truly do the best work of our lives. As a result, we create a place where all kinds of work happens — and happens well — all while working alongside people we respect and admire.
Want to learn more about Slack? Visit Slack's website.
Jobs You May Like
Freelance-Linguistic Annotator (English to Norwegian)
Unbabel, Remote - Freelance
Head of Business Intelligence
Birchbox, New York
Display Marketing Analyst
Red Ventures, Charlotte, NC
Everlane, San Francisco, CA
Quantitative Researcher - High Frequency Trading
Domeyard LP, Boston, MA
Data Scientist, Research & Statistics
TALA, Santa Monica