Statutory Accounting Lead
Slack, Dublin, Ireland
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Slack is looking for a Statutory Accounting Lead to join our International Finance team in Dublin. As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity to support our rapidly growing global organization. Goes without saying but we’re an extremely lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately.
As a Statutory Accounting Lead you will be primarily responsible for the statutory compliance for the Company’s international entities. In this role, you will need to be an exceptional team player who is extremely organized, detail oriented, technically proficient yet cares about continuous improvement and is always striving to make things better.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative.
What you will be doing
- Planning and coordination of the statutory audits for International entities
- Preparation of statutory financial statements including all local GAAP statutory adjustments
- Preparation of consolidated financial statements
- Preparation of bridging files between US GAAP and local statutory accounts
- Liaising with auditors and service providers to ensure audit completed on time to budget with no overages
- Ensure all audit queries are responded to on a timely basis
- Coordinate with global tax team regarding corporation tax provision calculation and filing
- Perform R&D tax credit calculations based on qualifying R&D projects
- Work with Systems IT to establish statutory reporting on a new ERP system in line with local GAAP requirements
- Create strong business partnerships with third party service providers
- Assist in the setup and integration of new entities
- Keep abreast of technical updates and new accounting requirements in both local and US GAAP
- Work on process improvements ensuring appropriate controls are in place and processes are fully documented
- Assist in ad hoc projects
What you should have
- Professional qualification – (ACA / ACCA / CIMA or equivalent)
- Big 4 audit experience
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience of reporting under US GAAP and working within a global reporting structure.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge (US GAAP, IFRS, Local GAAP) with experience in Statutory Accounts and reconciliations from US GAAP to local GAAP.
- Experience with internal control / Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Strong organization and planning skills with a meticulous attention to detail; data integrity essential.
- Flexible attitude
- Good interpersonal skills, the ability to work within a team but also to take ownership to complete individual projects to tight deadlines.
Empathy. Courtesy. Playfulness. Craftsmanship. Solidarity — these are some of the values we live by, as a company. We work by them, too: we’re building a platform and products we believe in — knowing there is real value to be gained from helping people, wherever they are, simplify whatever it is that they do and bring more of themselves to their work.
We’re building a strong, diverse team of curious, creative people who want to find a purpose in their work and support each other in the process. We work hard and we play to win… within normal business hours. And then we go home.
That balance is important: It enables us to truly do the best work of our lives. As a result, we create a place where all kinds of work happens — and happens well — all while working alongside people we respect and admire.