Director, Quality Engineering
Slack, San Francisco
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Slack is looking for an experienced quality leader to collaboratively define a vision around quality and build the strategy, team, process, and tools to achieve it. In this role, you will grow, nurture, and lead a multidisciplinary team to develop critical test infrastructure, enact approaches that bring quality further upstream, and share actionable data that keeps quality top of mind. By influencing and supporting Slack’s diverse community of developers to create amazing product experiences, this team will be instrumental in upholding and advancing one of Slack’s most important values: craftsmanship.
What you will be doing
- Foster a quality mindset with your peers in engineering, product management, sales, and customer experience.
- Develop and nurture the necessary quality process that enables our teams to exceed our customers’ expectations of Slack’s quality.
- Define our northstar quality metrics and then set goals against them. Work cross-functionally to define a culture of both monitoring these goals and how we effectively move them over time.
- Lead and coach a diverse set of quality engineering managers tasked with owning automated and manual test programs.
- Build a diverse team while fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment.
What you should have
- You are a coach and talent magnet. You have extensive experience building and leading teams, coaching managers, and developing people.
- You craft a strategy and set goals to meet it because you have extensive domain experience in quality.
- You lead by example, holding yourself and those around you to high standards.
- You have experience leading diverse quality teams and building technology and tools in a rapidly growing company.
- You foster inclusive teams in which people are empowered to do the best work of their careers.
- You are a compelling and clear communicator who networks well with your peers to both understand their product and technology requirements while also representing your own.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Empathy. Courtesy. Playfulness. Craftsmanship. Solidarity — these are some of the values we live by, as a company. We work by them, too: we’re building a platform and products we believe in — knowing there is real value to be gained from helping people, wherever they are, simplify whatever it is that they do and bring more of themselves to their work.
We’re building a strong, diverse team of curious, creative people who want to find a purpose in their work and support each other in the process. We work hard and we play to win… within normal business hours. And then we go home.
That balance is important: It enables us to truly do the best work of our lives. As a result, we create a place where all kinds of work happens — and happens well — all while working alongside people we respect and admire.
Want to learn more about Slack? Visit Slack's website.
Jobs You May Like
Vestiaire Collective, Paris
Analista de Negócios Senior | Senior Business Analyst [BA]
ThoughtWorks, São Paulo
EDI Senior Specialist
Harry’s, New York, NY
Machine Learning Manager
Senior Security Researcher - Cloud Team
Magic Leap, Inc., Tel Aviv, Israel
Desktop Software Engineer
Dashlane, Paris, France