Open-Source SDK Engineer
Slack, San Francisco
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
The Developer Relations team is looking for engineers to support and grow our developer ecosystem by creating open-source tools, SDKs, and samples that make it simple and delightful to use Slack's platform. In this role, you'll work closely with the Platform Engineering, Product, and Marketing teams to scope, build, and release products that enhance developer experience on our platform.
As part of the Developer Relations team, you'll also spend meaningful time interacting with our developers online and in person; we value open dialogue and work in the open on GitHub. Join us to help build a community and products together.
- Build and maintain developer SDKs that highlight best practices and useful techniques, including thoughtful documentation and examples.
- Improve the experience on our developer website, including writing web-based tools to make developers' jobs easier.
- Assist adoption of new features through both code and conversation, while also gathering developer feedback on existing and potential future Platform features.
- Work with Platform Product and Engineering teams on behalf of developers to improve the Platform directly.
- 4+ years of engineering experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for helping other people, and developers specifically, as well as for Slack itself.
- Experience in developer relations, or other customer-facing roles
- Experience developing platforms, SDKs, or developer tools
- Track record of open-source contributions and community involvement is a plus
- Experience working on cross-functional teams (product management, customer success, legal, finance, marketing, etc.)
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Empathy. Courtesy. Playfulness. Craftsmanship. Solidarity — these are some of the values we live by, as a company. We work by them, too: we’re building a platform and products we believe in — knowing there is real value to be gained from helping people, wherever they are, simplify whatever it is that they do and bring more of themselves to their work.
We’re building a strong, diverse team of curious, creative people who want to find a purpose in their work and support each other in the process. We work hard and we play to win… within normal business hours. And then we go home.
That balance is important: It enables us to truly do the best work of our lives. As a result, we create a place where all kinds of work happens — and happens well — all while working alongside people we respect and admire.
Want to learn more about Slack? Visit Slack's website.
Jobs You May Like
Security Data Scientist
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Senior iOS/Android Engineer, AR SDK
Magic Leap, Inc., Austin, TX, Plantation, FL (HQ), Seattle, WA, Sunnyvale, CA, Tel Aviv, Israel, Toronto, ON, Zurich, Switzerland
Android Developer - Core Mobile
Shopify, Montreal, Canada
Real-Time GNSS Expert
Intermediate Front End Developer
Sr. Software Engineer - Pivotal Labs
Pivotal Software, New York City