Sr. Value Consultant
Slack, London, United Kingdom
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Slack is looking for a creative and passionate individual who can help define strategy, conduct business value analysis, and deliver presentations identifying and articulating the value of Slack to our top strategic customers.
You will work closely with our Sales, Success, Solutions Engineering, and Product Marketing teams on our most strategic customer accounts. You will form our business value proposition, including strategic account planning, business case justification, and C-Level presentations. You will develop and present compelling value propositions, proposals, and business cases, and work with the customer success team to track value realization in support of Slack’s largest, most strategic customers.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative.
What you will be doing
- Work closely with prospective customers, Sales, and Solution Engineering to identify, prioritize, and quantify key business drivers and understand how our solutions will help customers meet their strategic objectives.
- Conduct and facilitate internal and external research and discovery around customer business processes, market trends, and business value analysis.
- Leading customers through their digital transformation journey and providing recommendations on key strategies
- Enable our sales team to facilitate value oriented discovery and deliver high-level business value/impact analysis.
- Identify target operational and financial metrics impacted by potential solution and then use these metrics to develop models to quantify the strategic value of Slack.
- Craft and deliver executive level presentations to CxOs.
- Create qualitative and quantitative analysis in support of targeted opportunities.
- Assist with developing value messaging associated with targeted opportunities
- Validate messaging is aligned with customer value themes
- Craft reusable assets to help scale the team's reach across the greater Slack organization
- Provide tactical support for targeted opportunities
- Manage library of assets include items such as spreadsheets, presentation templates, case examples, and customer stories
What you should have
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Business, finance, economics, math, engineering, marketing, or related areas).
- Demonstrated relevant experience, ideally in Finance, Strategy Consulting, or other analytical roles in a professional services environment.
- Experience leading through digital transformation initiatives
- Experience creating and delivering compelling presentations and business case artifacts (internally or externally facing)
- Executive presence aptitude or experience
- Experience facilitating workshops, and driving to tangible outcomes through design-led workshops
- A self-starter who takes initiative, is creative, has high energy, and would thrive in a very dynamic software company
- Excellent quantitative analysis and financial modelling skills
- Experience in a sales environment would be a plus
- An interest in the technology/software/SaaS space
Empathy. Courtesy. Playfulness. Craftsmanship. Solidarity — these are some of the values we live by, as a company. We work by them, too: we’re building a platform and products we believe in — knowing there is real value to be gained from helping people, wherever they are, simplify whatever it is that they do and bring more of themselves to their work.
We’re building a strong, diverse team of curious, creative people who want to find a purpose in their work and support each other in the process. We work hard and we play to win… within normal business hours. And then we go home.
That balance is important: It enables us to truly do the best work of our lives. As a result, we create a place where all kinds of work happens — and happens well — all while working alongside people we respect and admire.