Technical Program Manager, Client Engineering
Slack, San Francisco, CA, USA
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
At Slack, we are making work simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. On the Client Engineering team, we build the systems to enable our customers to get work done in Slack faster. This team focuses on Desktop Foundation and builds a client for Slacks’s desktop app.
Slack is seeking an experienced Technical Program Manager to drive programs for Slack’s Client Engineering team. In this role, you’ll partner with Engineering, Product, Quality, Customer Experience and cross-functional development teams, such as Infrastructure, Data Engineering, and Product Security, to improve the process and capabilities of the Slack client.
You understand the benefits of moving quickly and thrive when given the opportunity to design systems. You have experience collecting product and business requirements for highly-complex, technically-complicated projects — just like the ones we face here at Slack.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Lead end to end releases for desktop client.
- Technically drive and support Desktop Foundation’s team’s goals.
- Detail-oriented and adept at following-up with others to drive deliverables to completion
- Autonomously drive change initiatives across multiple functions throughout the organization
- Build and maintain timelines, project plans, and communication artifacts to ensure everyone is operating from the most recent and accurate information
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, release, and post release phases
- Perform risk management and scope management on projects, and identify blockers
- Identify decisions required to move a project forward, determine the decision makers, and ensure decisions are made
- Contribute to the growth of the Program Management organization by actively participating in cross-Program management initiatives including identifying and detailing standard processes, supporting other Program Managers and identifying professional growth opportunities.
What you should have
- 3+ years leading planning, project lifecycles, and workflows in a dynamic engineering organization
- 2+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or technical product/program management experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems.
- Experience working with build and release teams or teams that build developer facing software
- The technical acumen to understand and influence decisions made on architecture and implementation by the engineering teams.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and experience managing activities across multiple teams
- Experience with agile product development practices and principles
- Self-motivated and the ability to motivate others
- JIRA user experience
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Empathy. Courtesy. Playfulness. Craftsmanship. Solidarity — these are some of the values we live by, as a company. We work by them, too: we’re building a platform and products we believe in — knowing there is real value to be gained from helping people, wherever they are, simplify whatever it is that they do and bring more of themselves to their work.
We’re building a strong, diverse team of curious, creative people who want to find a purpose in their work and support each other in the process. We work hard and we play to win… within normal business hours. And then we go home.
That balance is important: It enables us to truly do the best work of our lives. As a result, we create a place where all kinds of work happens — and happens well — all while working alongside people we respect and admire.
Want to learn more about Slack? Visit Slack's website.
Jobs You May Like
Front End Focused Developer (Full or Part-time, Remote or In-p...
Affect Mental Health, Dublin, Ireland
Associate Manager, Inspection Readiness (Contract)
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Business Analyst - Network Development
Bright Health, New York, NY