Customer Experience Manager
Slack, Tokyo, Japan
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
At Slack, we consider Customer Experience essential to our success. We have a healthy roster of high-profile companies that rely on Slack for their day-to-day communication, and we want to provide the best service possible. Our Customer Experience team's top priority is to make our customers successful and ensure that their experience using Slack is a pleasant and productive one.
As a Customer Experience Manager for Slack, your goal is to make our customers successful and to inspire your team to go the distance to delight them. This is a demanding role that requires strong leadership, time management, and communication skills. Not only will you be directly responsible for keeping Slack's customers happy and productive, you will have a team of talented individuals looking for your guidance to help them reach their goals and grow in their careers. You will communicate openly and regularly with your team members about their performance, aspirations, and well-being. Your exemplary character, passion, and understanding of what it takes to provide customers with the best experience possible will allow you to encourage positive interactions with our users and inspire your team. You will implement solutions to inefficient processes and workflows, and contribute to meeting organizational goals. You will assist in interviewing, training and onboarding of new hires and serve as a point of contact for any issues affecting your team.
- You will be leading a passionate team of 4 to 8 Customer Experience Agents. It's up to you to ensure our users receive phenomenal support from that team.
- You will support the personal and professional growth of everyone on your team.
- You will inspire confidence by setting direction, displaying integrity, and moving towards team goals.
- Lead by example by providing unrivaled, near superhuman email-centric customer support.
- Work with your team to discuss, plan, and implement process improvements.
- Solid leadership experience and an understanding of the dynamics involved in team leadership.
- You have a genuine interest in the happiness, well-being, and success of everyone on your team. You feel fulfilled when they are reaching their fullest potential.
- Prior experience doing email-centric customer support for a web application and you know how to do it well. You know that every bit of work you do makes a real difference in making a customer happy.
- You care deeply, genuinely and passionately about customer support and about the role it plays in making a customer-centric team successful.
- Have an understanding of the web and how it works. You're not necessarily writing and deploying your own JQuery-based, CSS-heavy responsive sites, but you're also not intimidated by the technology.
- You are skilled at explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly.
- You are a strong, confident, and exacting writer.
- College degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum 5+ years in a support role.
- You are bilingual and comfortable working in both English and Japanese.
- Experience managing remote team members desirable, but not mandatory.
Empathy. Courtesy. Playfulness. Craftsmanship. Solidarity — these are some of the values we live by, as a company. We work by them, too: we’re building a platform and products we believe in — knowing there is real value to be gained from helping people, wherever they are, simplify whatever it is that they do and bring more of themselves to their work.
We’re building a strong, diverse team of curious, creative people who want to find a purpose in their work and support each other in the process. We work hard and we play to win… within normal business hours. And then we go home.
That balance is important: It enables us to truly do the best work of our lives. As a result, we create a place where all kinds of work happens — and happens well — all while working alongside people we respect and admire.
Want to learn more about Slack? Visit Slack's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Sales Ambassador - Fresno Fashion Fair
Lush Cosmetics, Fresno, California, United States
Galvanize, San Francisco
Sr. Manager, Trust & Safety
Udemy, U.S.A., San Francisco
Senior Customer Experience Representative (On-Demand)
Rover.com , Seattle
Customer Support Representative
Rocket Lawyer, Ogden, UT
Director, Customer Relationships
Malwarebytes, Santa Clara, California