Director of Content Marketing
Slack, San Francisco
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Slack is hiring an experienced Director of Content Marketing, who can join a growing global team and expand our ability to deliver high quality content for humans at every stage of understanding and using Slack. This position will report to Slack’s Global Head of Marketing and will function as a key member of the global marketing leadership team.
- Build and scale the content marketing team, centralizing content development and production to meet a broad range of needs and requests.
- Plan and lead a comprehensive content strategy that furthers customer acquisition, product education, events, and sales enablement, while also helping grow Slack’s share of voice around key trends and topics.
- Expand Slack’s content strategy from top of funnel content to a comprehensive range of content types, including downloadable guides, content for email campaigns, product launch content, customer stories, and more.
- Develop and grow Slack’s voice and content programs across new platforms, helping maintain the qualities that make us unique while also shaping our relevance as we go.
- Partner with customer acquisition and product marketing to build out a deep understanding of our audience, shifting and tailoring content strategies to better meet them where they are.
- Thoughtfully grow the content marketing team, nurturing people on the team and helping them succeed in their craft.
- Senior-level content strategy expertise around building programs that support brand marketing, customer acquisition/demand generation, events, product marketing, and sales enablement.
- High level of creativity in designing content that inspires, engages, informs, and motivates.
- Experience growing and managing a high performing content team and a content portfolio across every stage of the growth funnel and across paid, earned, and owned channels.
- A track record of building both inbound content programs that boost traffic and drive new leads, and outbound content programs that support sales prospecting and account-based marketing efforts.
- A deep understanding of SEO/SEM, and demonstrated experience developing content programs that help increase prospect traffic and volume.
- Experience leading data-driven content analysis, performance tracking, and reporting. Accountability for results.
- A relentless focus on quality in execution, with a passion for leading content efforts that deliver value and win hearts for Slack.
- Grace under pressure and comfort with ambiguity.
Empathy. Courtesy. Playfulness. Craftsmanship. Solidarity — these are some of the values we live by, as a company. We work by them, too: we’re building a platform and products we believe in — knowing there is real value to be gained from helping people, wherever they are, simplify whatever it is that they do and bring more of themselves to their work.
We’re building a strong, diverse team of curious, creative people who want to find a purpose in their work and support each other in the process. We work hard and we play to win… within normal business hours. And then we go home.
That balance is important: It enables us to truly do the best work of our lives. As a result, we create a place where all kinds of work happens — and happens well — all while working alongside people we respect and admire.
Want to learn more about Slack? Visit Slack's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director of Paid Media
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Senior Manager, Partnerships, APAC
Public Relations Associate
Captain401, San Francisco
Gwynnie Bee, Long Island City, NY
Brand Ambassador, NYC
Dig Inn, New York City
Search Marketing Intern
Capacity Interactive, New York, NY