Slack, Vancouver, Canada
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
We’re looking for a Partner Engineer to work with Slack’s platform partners. You’ll work directly with external partner teams to help them build apps on our platform, defining integration use cases with Product Managers and Designers and guiding technical design using Slack’s APIs with Developer. Our team advocates for the partner ecosystem’s needs internally, and collaborate closely with product and engineering teams to set roadmaps and launch new features!
Partner engineering is a good fit for people with technical backgrounds who enjoy communicating and empathizing with collaborators of a variety of backgrounds, both technical and non-technical. To thrive in this role, one must be passionate about working closely with partners and our product team to achieve goals, while advocating for Slack’s platform through teaching and public speaking!
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Work with and directly support our partners while they craft the best possible experiences for users in Slack
- Be a specialist on Slack’s platform capabilities and app design patterns
- Support our partners at scale by creating code samples, webinars, documentation, and contributing to our team’s technical toolset
- Craft presentations and work with partners to prepare for GTM launches
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams within Slack to run beta programs for new features, improve the platform, and grow the app ecosystem
- Lead team level and multi-functional initiatives and projects
What you should have
- 3+ years of partner/sales engineering, software engineering, product management, developer advocacy, or related experience.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language.
- Strong understanding of API design principles
- A passion for working with people, paired with excellent communication skills; you can explain a complex technical issue in such a way that most people could understand
- Experience operating within multi-functional teams (product, engineering, design, and marketing)
- Passionate about Slack, our platform, and the problem we are solving
- Be a phenomenal listener—find the words behind the words in meetings with partners and stakeholders
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Empathy. Courtesy. Playfulness. Craftsmanship. Solidarity — these are some of the values we live by, as a company. We work by them, too: we’re building a platform and products we believe in — knowing there is real value to be gained from helping people, wherever they are, simplify whatever it is that they do and bring more of themselves to their work.
We’re building a strong, diverse team of curious, creative people who want to find a purpose in their work and support each other in the process. We work hard and we play to win… within normal business hours. And then we go home.
That balance is important: It enables us to truly do the best work of our lives. As a result, we create a place where all kinds of work happens — and happens well — all while working alongside people we respect and admire.
Want to learn more about Slack? Visit Slack's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.