Sr. Quantitative Researcher, Marketing
Slack, Remote, Canada
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
We are hiring a Senior Quantitative Researcher to increase the efficacy of our product, go-to-market, and brand strategies as well as improve our understanding of the world of modern knowledge work. You will not only be an integral part of the Research & Analytics team, but also a key partner for those on our Marketing, Product, Brand, Sales, Communications, Public Relations, and Executive teams. You will design and execute high-impact primary research and work with various vendors to lead key insights projects. If you are interested in leading the efforts to better understand the world of work, how it's changing, and the needs of today’s knowledge workers, we'd love to hear from you!
Our Research & Analytics team seeks to improve product value throughout the customer experience by understanding the how and why of team workflows, communication processes, and cultures. We provide data at every stage of the product development cycle. In addition to conducting practical and impactful research, we're building and maintaining the strong customer-centered culture at Slack.
The right person for this role will be a quantitative research expert, passionate about understanding the role of technology at work, comfortable in a fast paced organization, and focused on crafting the narrative of Slack. You'll conduct best-in-class research to fulfill Slack’s mission of making working life simpler, more pleasant, and more productive.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Conduct independent, full-cycle research projects, from framing research questions to analyzing data to sharing insights with partners
- Employ a variety of research methodologies, including conducting original surveys and analyzing Slack behavioral data
- Turn the patterns you find in our data into key insights and powerful narratives that have the broadest possible application within Slack
- Be an evangelist for our customers, both current and potential, within Slack
What you should have
- 5*+ years of industry experience
- Expertise in quantitative methods, including data collection and analysis
- Experience conducting statistical analyses in R or other scripting languages as well as proficiency in SQL
- Experience working with diverse datasets—large and small, structured and unstructured, behavioral and self-reported
- A love for data—not only collecting data and understanding internal data tables and infrastructure, but also analyzing and combining diverse data sets
- A drive for results and superb computational and analytical skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and passion for setting new standards
- An understanding of the value of storytelling and how to partner closely with others to achieve results
- Experience leading projects involving cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience leading & working with third party vendors
- Ability and willingness to get into the details
- Comfort engaging in qualitative methods, including user tests and interviews, is a plus
*Through trial and error we've learned that people don't apply unless we provide a guideline. But what’s more important to us than a number are the experiences you’ve had, and the skills you’ve developed, regardless of the length of time it took you to get where you are. Have 20+ years? Awesome, please apply. Have only 2 years, but feel you meet the requirements above? Great, please apply.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Empathy. Courtesy. Playfulness. Craftsmanship. Solidarity — these are some of the values we live by, as a company. We work by them, too: we’re building a platform and products we believe in — knowing there is real value to be gained from helping people, wherever they are, simplify whatever it is that they do and bring more of themselves to their work.
We’re building a strong, diverse team of curious, creative people who want to find a purpose in their work and support each other in the process. We work hard and we play to win… within normal business hours. And then we go home.
That balance is important: It enables us to truly do the best work of our lives. As a result, we create a place where all kinds of work happens — and happens well — all while working alongside people we respect and admire.
Want to learn more about Slack? Visit Slack's website.
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price