Staff Software Engineer, Frontend
Slack, Toronto, Canada
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
What you will be doing
- You'll collaborate with backend and search ranking engineers to spec, write, test, and deploy code that integrates with real-time data streams and API endpoints
- You'll brainstorm features with product managers and designers and guide decisions based on your knowledge of the codebase
- You'll assist our skilled Customer Experience team in triaging bugs and solving issues in production in your primary area
- You'll learn about and use new web technologies
- You'll like the work you do, enjoy collaborating with your coworkers, and log off on time
What you should have
- 1+ years experience with React and Redux, Lodash, and/or CSS preprocessors like LESS or SASS
- Experience building responsive layouts with CSS and HTML
- Experience with modern browser technologies
- UX and design sensibilities
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Self-awareness, a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and empathy
- You have completed a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- Experience working on consumer facing products
- The Git workflow, including pull requests, code reviews, and CI/CD systems
- Any of the technologies we write about on our blog at https://slack.engineering/
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
Empathy. Courtesy. Playfulness. Craftsmanship. Solidarity — these are some of the values we live by, as a company. We work by them, too: we’re building a platform and products we believe in — knowing there is real value to be gained from helping people, wherever they are, simplify whatever it is that they do and bring more of themselves to their work.
We’re building a strong, diverse team of curious, creative people who want to find a purpose in their work and support each other in the process. We work hard and we play to win… within normal business hours. And then we go home.
That balance is important: It enables us to truly do the best work of our lives. As a result, we create a place where all kinds of work happens — and happens well — all while working alongside people we respect and admire.
Want to learn more about Slack? Visit Slack's website.
File hosting service