Sr. Software Engineer, Frontend
Slack, Remote, United States
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
What you will be doing
- Collaborate with backend and quality engineers to spec, write, test, and deploy code that integrates with real-time data streams and API endpoints
- Brainstorm features with product managers and designers and guide decisions based on your knowledge of the codebase
- Assist our skilled Customer Experience team in triaging bugs and solving issues in production in your primary area
- Learn about, use, and teach new web technologies
- Mentor and be mentored by other engineers
- Work multi-functionally with other teams to set and achieve company-wide engineering goals
- Like the work you do, enjoy collaborating with your coworkers, and log off on time
What you should have
- 1+ years experience with React and Redux, Lodash, and/or CSS preprocessors like LESS or SASS
- Experience building responsive layouts with CSS and HTML
- Experience with modern browser technologies
- Strong UX and design sensibilities and an interest in sweating the small stuff
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Self-awareness, a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and empathy
- Experience working on consumer facing products
- Accessibility, internationalization, or localization
- The Git workflow, including pull requests, code reviews, and CI/CD systems
- Any of the technologies we write about on our blog at https://slack.engineering/
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Empathy. Courtesy. Playfulness. Craftsmanship. Solidarity — these are some of the values we live by, as a company. We work by them, too: we’re building a platform and products we believe in — knowing there is real value to be gained from helping people, wherever they are, simplify whatever it is that they do and bring more of themselves to their work.
We’re building a strong, diverse team of curious, creative people who want to find a purpose in their work and support each other in the process. We work hard and we play to win… within normal business hours. And then we go home.
That balance is important: It enables us to truly do the best work of our lives. As a result, we create a place where all kinds of work happens — and happens well — all while working alongside people we respect and admire.
Want to learn more about Slack? Visit Slack's website.
Minimalist makeup and skincare