Lead Solutions Engineer
Slack, San Francisco, CA, USA
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Slack is more than just a tech company, we are on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We have a positive, diverse, and inspiring culture and look for people who are curious, inventive and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we seek to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our Slack values are woven into the fabric of all we do.
Enterprise Solutions Engineers are responsible for understanding a customer’s objectives and creating the vision for how Slack will get them where they want to go. Storytell using Slack’s product as your canvas, painting compelling pictures for business leaders and IT alike. Build relationships that influence deals. Own the discovery & technical elements of a value-oriented sales cycle, execute masterful presentations & demos that inspire customers to imagine their future with Slack as their digital HQ. Do the best work of your life.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Partner with Account Executives to drive complex, multi-stakeholder deal cycles across industries to solve diverse mission-critical business problems
- Drive the discovery process, helping to uncover your customer’s current pains and align to their business objectives
- Prepare and deliver high impact presentations and demonstrations that tell Slack's differentiated story
- Partner with customers to design Slack based solutions that drive value and significant business impact
- Ensure that customers understand and are comfortable with how Slack protects organizations with its industry-leading security program
- Guide customers through the evaluation process of Slack ensuring that our solution meets key business objectives and technical requirements
- Contribute to the success of a rapidly growing and evolving SE organization
- Act as a liaison between Product, Marketing and Sales, sharing customer feedback to help craft the product roadmap
What you should have
- Recommended 5+ years of sales engineering or solution consulting experience in a SaaS organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including emoji fluency); a knack for delivering compelling presentations and product demonstrations.
- A consultative approach with solving your customer’s business challenges and have a track record of successfully overcoming technical and security objections. Problem solving is in your DNA!
- Familiarity with the enterprise SaaS ecosystem
- Ability to thrive and adapt to a rapidly evolving product and market that will define the future of work
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Empathy. Courtesy. Playfulness. Craftsmanship. Solidarity — these are some of the values we live by, as a company. We work by them, too: we’re building a platform and products we believe in — knowing there is real value to be gained from helping people, wherever they are, simplify whatever it is that they do and bring more of themselves to their work.
We’re building a strong, diverse team of curious, creative people who want to find a purpose in their work and support each other in the process. We work hard and we play to win… within normal business hours. And then we go home.
That balance is important: It enables us to truly do the best work of our lives. As a result, we create a place where all kinds of work happens — and happens well — all while working alongside people we respect and admire.
Want to learn more about Slack? Visit Slack's website.
Wholesale’s leading digital marketplace and data exchange