Sr. Manager, Software Engineering, Network
Slack, Toronto, Canada
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Slack is looking for an Engineering Manager to join the Network team. Our Network team is responsible for developing and maintaining features enabling collaboration between separate organizations, including Shared Channels.
Shared Channels is key to allowing companies to realize the gains of organizational agility while working with their external partners, just as they do when working internally. This position is responsible for leading and coaching a team of developers extending the Slack experience to inter-company collaboration.
What you will be doing:
- Lead and coach a team of hardworking engineers tasked with delivering secure, flexible and scalable features to our Slack Connect customers
- Craft a meaningful vision for the team, working in concert with product managers and designers.
- Represent the team to engineering groups internally, Slack’s current and future customers, and our partner organizations.
- Build a diverse team while fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment.
What you should have:
- You have 2+ years of experience in an engineering management role.
- You are a coach and talent magnet. You have experience leading inclusive teams and empowering people to do the best work of their careers.
- You craft a compelling long term vision and set goals to meet it.
- You are a compelling and clear communicator, able to represent your team to internal and external audiences with differing levels of technical fluency.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
Empathy. Courtesy. Playfulness. Craftsmanship. Solidarity — these are some of the values we live by, as a company. We work by them, too: we’re building a platform and products we believe in — knowing there is real value to be gained from helping people, wherever they are, simplify whatever it is that they do and bring more of themselves to their work.
We’re building a strong, diverse team of curious, creative people who want to find a purpose in their work and support each other in the process. We work hard and we play to win… within normal business hours. And then we go home.
That balance is important: It enables us to truly do the best work of our lives. As a result, we create a place where all kinds of work happens — and happens well — all while working alongside people we respect and admire.
Want to learn more about Slack? Visit Slack's website.
Using digital technology to transform the physical world