Sr. Associate, Sales Strategy & Operations
Slack, San Francisco, CA, USA
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Slack is looking for a highly driven Sr. Associate with exceptional critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills to join the Americas Sales Strategy & Operations team.
In this role, you will work cross-functionally with a wide range of teams across Sales, Customer Success, Finance, Data Science, and Operations to drive key strategic and operational initiatives. The ideal candidate is intellectually curious, a natural strategic thinker and highly proficient with using data to answer business-critical questions. Whether you’re instrumenting key sales performance metrics or thinking through our go-to-market motion, your work will have a direct impact on Slack’s business performance in the Americas and globally. This role is great for someone who is passionate about building deep operational expertise while driving growth for a high-growth SaaS tech company in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Help to define and drive strategic sales priorities at the region- and segment-levels, in partnership with the Americas sales leadership team
- Develop, instrument, and maintain sales Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and support the rhythm of the business through weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting
- Evaluate business performance, diagnose root causes, and prescribe action informed by data-driven insights
- Assist with annual planning, including headcount allocation and sales territory design
- Drive special projects and provide analytical support to senior Sales leaders
- Act as a trusted thought partner to a range of cross-functional stakeholders across Slack
- The role is based in San Francisco, CA (although remote workers will be considered) and will report to the Senior Manager of Strategy and Operations for the Americas
What you should have
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 5+ years of experience in Consulting / Banking or in a similar role at a high growth SaaS tech company
- Self-motivated team player with innovative ideas to drive revenue growth at Slack
- Ability to frame business problems, design and execute analyses to inform solutions, and communicate insights with a bias towards action
- Strong project management experience with demonstrated ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines with little supervision
- Excellent command of Excel (lookups, pivots, formulas) and high degree of confidence with handling and analyzing large data sets
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Empathy. Courtesy. Playfulness. Craftsmanship. Solidarity — these are some of the values we live by, as a company. We work by them, too: we’re building a platform and products we believe in — knowing there is real value to be gained from helping people, wherever they are, simplify whatever it is that they do and bring more of themselves to their work.
We’re building a strong, diverse team of curious, creative people who want to find a purpose in their work and support each other in the process. We work hard and we play to win… within normal business hours. And then we go home.
That balance is important: It enables us to truly do the best work of our lives. As a result, we create a place where all kinds of work happens — and happens well — all while working alongside people we respect and admire.
Want to learn more about Slack? Visit Slack's website.
Help the world share their story
Tech Jobs For You
Supply Chain and Operations – Warehousing & Fulfillment Manager
Accenture, Alberta - Calgary, Canada