Legal Counsel - Commercial & Privacy
Smaato Inc., San Francisco CA, US
The Leading Global Real-Time Advertising Marketplace
The Legal Counsel position at Smaato, Inc. is responsible for a wide variety of legal tasks ranging across areas that concern corporate, compliance, and commercial matters. As a part of the Legal Counsel position at Smaato, you would have the opportunity and duty to regularly communicate with your internal customers such as the company’s Leadership Team, Sales Team, Product Team, and various other internal departments to help ensure internal alignment and to that any needed legal assistance can be supplied in a time sensitive manner.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as a subject matter expert on all data privacy-related matters; evaluate the impact of legislative, regulatory, legal developments and industry proposals involving privacy and security across Smaato’s services
- Communicate and cooperate with data subjects and inform them of Smaato’s use of their data, their rights, and Smaato’s privacy measures
- Provide strategic legal advice as well as a full range of legal services on commercial & privacy related matters directly to the CEO, the Board of Directors and Senior Management on a wide range of legal issues
- Develop and provide company-wide legal education training (e.g. data protection law, contract law)
- Monitor Smaato’s performance and provide feedback on Smaato’s data protection efforts
- Participate in the analysis of GDPR-related risks and issues as they arise, and oversee Smaato’s response process to data subject rights requests made under CCPA and GDPR
- Serve as the point of contact between Smaato and the data protection Supervisory Authorities and regulators
- Support Smaato’s Legal team on contracts review and negotiation and other legal projects as may be required
- Assist with corporate housekeeping and compliance with relevant requirements
- 4 - 6 years of relevant legal experience at a top-tier law firm or international in-house legal department; in-house experience at a digital advertising, data or media company is strongly preferred
- Expertise in global privacy laws including EU GDPR, ePrivacy Directive/Regulation, CCPA, and other privacy regulations, and industry guidelines and best practices, especially including those relevant for adtech and other internet companies
- Excellent contract/commercial experience, including an understanding of intellectual property issues and data licensing concepts, and a familiarity with insertion orders and/or the IAB terms and conditions for digital advertising
- Law degree from a U.S. accredited law school with strong academic credentials and bar admission
- Experienced in building and maintaining a data privacy program, including data governance standards and internal policies
- Extensive legal experience for successful operations, including corporate governance and administration, employment, contract negotiation, regulatory compliance, intellectual property, data privacy. Other pluses would be experience in banking, tax, litigation, capital raising and other areas.
- Experience working with boards of directors on a broad range of legal and business issues, governance matters and corporate strategy
- Highly organized, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, deadlines, and changing priorities in a fast-paced and challenging work environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to tailor communication as appropriate to different audiences and contexts and convey complex legal issues clearly and concisely
- Business proficiency in Mandarin is a plus, but not a prerequisite
About Smaato Inc.
We connect advertisers to app publishers around the world. Whether you are trying to create the perfect advertising campaign or optimize your app’s revenues, we will help you reach your goals. Our platform reaches over one billion unique mobile users and processes 500+ billion monthly ad requests globally. On top of our extensive reach, we deliver in-depth local expertise to key markets around the world with offices in China, Germany, Singapore, and the US.
Want to learn more about Smaato Inc.? Visit Smaato Inc.'s website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.
Jobs You May Like
Industry X - Product Development and Strategy Senior Manager -...
Accenture, Multiple Locations, USA