Please note: Smarkets is unable to offer work sponsorship for this role and all candidates must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States.
Smarkets is a Python and Erlang technology company based in central London, Malta and now Los Angeles. We've built one of the world's largest event exchange, also known as a prediction market, with significantly better prices than the competition. Our strength is technology and trading with a passion is to push the known boundaries of real-time financial technology.
We're a growing tech-led team of over 100, boasting more than 30 nationalities, and our platform has handled over £3 billion of bets since launching in 2010, allowing us to become one of the most profitable companies per employee in Europe.
Smarkets prides itself on collecting individuals seeking challenges, and our team members' experiences show this. Come join former financial and adtech engineers, researchers, scientists, and PhDs at one of the most dynamic workforces in Europe.
We're building a responsive front end to facilitate reliable and low-latency trading with thousands of executions per second and in-depth data feeds to help create informed decisions. We deploy multiple times a day to keep production and master in tight sync.
- Write clean, modular and testable code with consistent code style.
- Develop web and mobile product applications.
- Define your own role within the context of self-management (we'll help you get settled)
- Strong command over HTML, CSS, JS and understanding of the best practices
- Familiarity with REST APIs, Websockets.
- You have used the latest web stacks or libraries such as React, Angular, LESS, SASS
- You like writing clean, componentized and well-tested code, heavily favouring reuse
- Experience solving cross browser compatibility issues
- You have a proven track record of writing performant code with user accessibility front of mind
- You have written responsive and adaptive code to enable mobile web experiences
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Comfortable in a Linux environment
- Experience of working with React Native / mobile apps.
- UX Experience.
- Self-management structure similar to Valve
- Generous vacation policy
- 100% employer paid health insurance
- Flexible work environment
- Free lunch, social events and parties on a frequent basis
- Downtown LA office very close to the metro
Salary determined by peer review and dependent on experience. Stock options, and other benefits for qualified candidates.
This is a full-time job based in Downtown LA.
We transfer and store the information you submit to help us process your application and to make our hiring process better. We also make use of third-party hiring tools to help us process applications. As we are based in both Europe and the United States, your data may leave the US when we process it. Please only submit your application if you are happy for us to use your information in this way.
About us Smarkets is a Python and Erlang technology company based in central London. We've built one of the world's largest betting exchanges, also known as a prediction market, with significantly better odds than the competition. Our strength is technology and trading and our passion is to push the known boundaries of real-time financial technology. Our platform has handled over £3 billion of bets since launching in 2010, allowing us to become one of the most profitable companies per employee in Europe. Our mission is to disrupt one of the oldest industries in the world by rethinking the method and model of the betting business. We think traditional sports betting rips off bettors, taking up to a 15% margin on bets. We offer the industry's lowest margin of around 1% in total commission on trades. We can and will do better. Smarkets prides itself on collecting individuals seeking challenge, and our team members' experiences show this. Smarkets is comprised of some of the finest financial and adtech engineers, researchers, scientists, PhDs and marketers making us one of the most dynamic workforces in Europe.
Want to learn more about Smarkets? Visit Smarkets's website.
Jobs You May Like
Pivotal Software, Anywhere
Manager, Electrical Engineering
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Software Engineer I
Workfront, Lehi, Utah, US
Solutions Architect - Bay Area
Elastic, Mountain View, CA
Mechanical System Engineer
Junior / Graduate Software Engineer