Smartcar is the car API for developers. We empower developers to build the future of mobility.
Smartcar’s platform allows web and mobile apps to locate and unlock cars using simple HTTP requests. Our API works without aftermarket hardware, allowing developers to locate, unlock, and read the odometer from cars of 14 brands in a single integration.
Founded in 2015, Smartcar has raised $12M in seed and series A funding from the venture capital firms Andreessen Horowitz (a16z) and New Enterprise Associates (NEA).
Our customers range from early-stage startups to large enterprises. To name a few, the peer-to-peer car sharing marketplaces Turo and Nabobil as well as the mobile car wash services Spiffy and Washos are using our API to build innovative mobility experiences.
As a Front-End Engineer, you will build, maintain and expand the Smartcar API platform.
We'd love for you to join us.
- Manage entire sections of our platform by taking projects from idea to implementation
- Own and iterate on Smartcar's front-end experiences including the Smartcar Connect authorization flow, developer dashboard, homepage, and API documentation
- Work with other engineers and designers to build, deploy, and maintain full stack applications
- Contribute to our server side codebase as necessary to build front-end features
- Build and maintain Smartcar's shared component library
- Perform peer code reviews to ensure high standards
- Plan implementation strategy and timeline for new projects based on business requirements
- Solicit input from teammates in engineering, design, and business to understand scope and priority of features being built
- Implement metrics instrumentation and error tracking into all new features to measure their usage and reliability
- Engage with users through feedback surveys and calls to inform design and priority of new features
Who You Are
- 1-3 years of experience building web applications
- Familiarity with web-development tools such as React, Webpack, Redux, Sagas, SASS (or equivalents in other front-end ecosystems)
- Comfortable designing complex, modular, reusable front-end systems optimized for simplicity, performance, and browser compatibility
- Experience with testing front-end systems with one or more of the following: user testing, unit-testing, browser automation; familiarity with testing frameworks (such as jest, mocha, etc)
- Ability to learn on the job and implement new technologies
- Experience building complex applications from scratch
- Ability to add back end features as necessary
Smartcar is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Smartcar we're building a platform that makes it easy for developers to build web and mobile apps that communicate with vehicles.