Senior Software Engineer - Tableau Developer
SmartThings, Mountain View, CA
There’s potential in your everyday things
- Take technical ownership of Tableau BI solution set.
- Daily support Security and access control, upgrades and patching.
- End-user and technical training, Usage and resource monitoring.
- Assist in training staff on the use and capabilities available within the solution set.
- Work closely with product teams to design and develop efficient and standards-based BI solutions using Tableau’s BI products that satisfy business information reporting needs.
- Serve as a technical leader and adviser to IT and departmental BI developers on the Tableau BI product set.
- Lead the development of BI solution prototypes that demonstrate performance and usability to business and IT stakeholders.
- Oversee of the design and implementation of Tableau BI solutions, including data acquisition process design, use of open source technology features and functions, business rules processing, and data aggregation and summation techniques.
- Lead the tuning and performance improvement of Tableau BI solutions.
- Champion and educate business and IT staff on the use of the BI technologies for strategic and tactical decision making.
- Five years of experience designing, developing, testing and implementing secure, salable and high-performance BI and analytic solutions; at least 3 years of experience as Tableau Developer.
- Undergraduate or master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field.
- Experience with dimensional data modeling, relational databases and no sql.
- Experience in developing technical staff, expert in writing SQL and python programming.
- Proficient in Agile/Scrum development methodology.
- Ability to communicate with high proficiency, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of management and staff, in both technical language and business terms.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, influencing, collaboration and negotiation skills.
- Proficient in developing technical specifications, presentations, training materials, user documentation, and technical documentation.
- Demonstrated success with overseeing software development life cycle for enterprise-wide BI projects.
- Ability to assess and solve complex technical problems.
Imagine if your things knew when you woke up, and when you call it a night. Imagine if they knew when you couldn’t be home, and how to put your mind at ease. Imagine if they always knew what you needed, and when you need it. Imagine if they knew you better than you know yourself. Now, imagine if you didn’t have to imagine. Because with SmartThings, they already can. Things such as lights, doors, keys, plants, and cars can now work better for you, making you feel more secure, more in control, more efficient, and simply more delighted. With SmartThings technology and devices, the possibilities are infinite, fueled by your own needs and creativity.
Want to learn more about SmartThings? Visit SmartThings's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineering Manager, Social Safety
PlayStation, San Diego, CA
SigFig, San Francisco
Lucid, New Orleans
Software Developer Engineer in Test ($120k - $130k)
Blue Owl, San Francisco, CA
Business Intelligence Team - Software Architect
Looker, San Francisco Bay Area