Staff Software Engineer - Core-iOT
SmartThings, Minneapolis, MN
There’s potential in your everyday things
- Maintain and update existing Core-IoT services.
- Tune production systems for performance and efficiency.
- Replace features in our legacy monolith with new microservices that are highly available and fault tolerant.
- Collaborate with other developers in local and remote offices.
- Lead projects that are not fully defined and influence direction as appropriate.
- Proactively identify areas for improvement in partnership with other team members and technical leaders in the organization.
- Mentor other engineers and lead technical onboarding.
- Ability to provide technical and strategic direction cross-functionally, understanding overall impact relative to company goals.
- Willingness to work across various time zones and geographies
- Drive key strategic outcomes like reliability, quality and testability
- Setting professional standard for the company by role modeling the core values.
- Exceptional Java, Python, C# or C++, object oriented design and programming skills (6+ years of experience preferred).
- Excellent communication and people skills. Comfortable presenting to both internal and external executive audiences at a global scale.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent engineering experience.
- Experience in designing and developing REST APIs.
- Knowledge of setting up, troubleshooting, and managing Linux systems.
- Proven expertise in fundamental concepts and expert in a key area of technology.
- Experience using Git in a multi-user environment.
- Demonstrated project management experience which includes project planning, project execution, and issue/risk management
- Production experience in AWS or another major cloud hosting service.
- Experience working with and building robust entity ownership models.
- Experience working with and/or implementing OAuth security flows.
- Experience with multiple JVM frameworks (e.g. DropWizard, Ratpack, Grails)
- Experience with MySQL, AWS Aurora, Cassandra, and DynamoDB.
- Contributing back to open source projects.
Imagine if your things knew when you woke up, and when you call it a night. Imagine if they knew when you couldn’t be home, and how to put your mind at ease. Imagine if they always knew what you needed, and when you need it. Imagine if they knew you better than you know yourself. Now, imagine if you didn’t have to imagine. Because with SmartThings, they already can. Things such as lights, doors, keys, plants, and cars can now work better for you, making you feel more secure, more in control, more efficient, and simply more delighted. With SmartThings technology and devices, the possibilities are infinite, fueled by your own needs and creativity.
Want to learn more about SmartThings? Visit SmartThings's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Android Developer
Spokeo, Pasadena, California, United States
Senior Solutions Consultant, Research Core
Electrical Integration Engineer, Sensors + HMI
Zoox, Foster City, CA
Oscar, New York
Full-Stack Engineer - Developer Journey