Senior Java Server Engineer
Smule, Sofia, Bulgaria
Smule's mission is to connect the world through music.
Smule Bulgaria EOOD is a subsidiary of Smule Inc. – a leading US based company, founded in 2008 and specialized in developing innovative mobile based software solutions. Ten years on, Smule Inc. employs more than 200 people and is a vibrant, global community of music lovers.
Smule is on a mission to bring the world together through music. Music is much more than listening… it's about creating, sharing, discovering, participating, and connecting with people. With 50 million monthly active users creating over 20 million songs every day, Smule is connecting people all over the world through the joy of making music and transforming the music landscape from one of passive listening to collaborative creative expression and active engagement.
As a Sr Java Server Engineer, you will build back-end services and infrastructure that enable Smule to scale the largest social graph for music on the internet.
- Work closely with product teams to define feature specifications and deliver great user experiences built on top of back-end services
- Work closely with operations to build and scale back-end services. Work on performance, stability, capacity plan, expansion, and system upgrade
- Deploy releases for use by millions of people, be escalation contact for operations engineers, debug problem live
- Build report interfaces, data feeds, and internal admin features.
- Strong proven experience of server-side coding in Java
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent education experience
- Demonstrated technical leadership of driving projects successfully
- Experiences with large scale internet service architectures
- Hands-on experience with design, development, scaling, troubleshooting, and live support of server
- Experiences with Play! Framework. Acceptable with Spring, Tomcat, JBoss
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Redis, Facebook Graph API are highly desired
- Strong knowledge of SQL and MySQL forged in the fires of high traffic, high availability web app
- Server-side development experience in smartphone applications (iOS, Android) and/or consumer
electronics industries is desirable
- Fun, positive attitude. Great communication skills and a healthy desire for collaboration
- Passion for building the largest music social graph
- Self-starter, strong sense of ownership, gets things done. Drives work to completion reliably, possibly with
Would be a plus
- Passion for something that Smule is about: music, games, social experiences, outstanding software, massive scale.
We believe that music is much more than just listening— it's about creating, sharing, discovering, participating, and connecting with people. It is the original social network with the power to break down barriers, touch souls and bring people together from all over the world. In 2008, we set out to create apps that enabled anyone to create, discover, love and enjoy music. Today, 1.5 % of the world's population (that's 125 million people and counting) have used Smule's apps. And they are creating communities, meeting new like-minded friends, and having fun making music together on Smule. So if you wake up humming, play a mean air guitar or anything in between, then Smule is for you―anyone can do it, no previous experience required. Interested in creating social music experiences? Check out our job openings here.
Want to learn more about Smule? Visit Smule's website.
Software that predicts technology trends.