Senior Data Engineer
Smule, San Francisco, CA
Smule's mission is to connect the world through music.
Smule is connecting the world through music and building the world’s largest authentic music collaboration community. Music is more than just listening — music also includes creating, sharing, discovering, participating and connecting. Music is the original social network, with the power to break down barriers, touch souls, and bring people from all over the world together.
When we started in 2008, Smule was just a company with a fun name and a big dream. We wanted to bring music back to its roots and empower anyone to join in. Today, we’re a vibrant, global community of music lovers where millions of people across the world come together each day to share their passion for music, make new friends, cheer each other on, and simply have fun.
If you are passionate about data, not afraid of dealing with billions of rows, terabytes of data and find this sort of thing super fun, we need you! Come and join us!
What You’ll Do
- Develop data expertise, be a data steward evangelist, and own data pipelines.
- Architect, build, and deploy new data solutions that provide forward-thinking data opportunities.
- Design and develop extremely efficient and reliable data pipelines to move massive amounts of data into the Data Warehouse and other data platforms.
- Use expert coding skills in Python, shell and Java/Scala.
- Own solutions end-to-end.
- Develop and implement data auditing strategies and processes to ensure data accuracy and integrity.
- Manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Assist in construction of enterprise data warehouse.
- Unmistakable passion for solving difficult data problems.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to communicate data technologies and architectures.
- Advanced / expert SQL skills and solid python and shell scripting.
- 2+ years of Data Warehouse, ETL Design and Implementation.
- Some RDBMS knowledge OLTP and/or analytic columnar RDBMS including data modeling concepts (3NF vs Dimensional modeling).
- Experience working with an MPP system or Map Reduce.
- 2+ years of Java or other OO development experience, with source code control and build/release process.
The Ideal Candidate
- Machine learning and recommendation systems
- Experience with Vertica, Tableau, MySQL, Hive, Spark
- Bio, medical or social field experiences
- Passion for something that Smule is about: music, games, social experiences, outstanding software
Company Perks & Benefits
- Robust medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k Plan
- Fully stocked kitchen and snacks
- Free catered lunches and dinners
We believe that music is much more than just listening— it's about creating, sharing, discovering, participating, and connecting with people. It is the original social network with the power to break down barriers, touch souls and bring people together from all over the world. In 2008, we set out to create apps that enabled anyone to create, discover, love and enjoy music. Today, 1.5 % of the world's population (that's 125 million people and counting) have used Smule's apps. And they are creating communities, meeting new like-minded friends, and having fun making music together on Smule. So if you wake up humming, play a mean air guitar or anything in between, then Smule is for you―anyone can do it, no previous experience required. Interested in creating social music experiences? Check out our job openings here.
Want to learn more about Smule? Visit Smule's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer - Applications
C3, Paris, France
Web Engineer (Front-End)
Accenture Veteran Technology Training Program - USA (19)++
Accenture, Multiple Locations, USA
QA Engineer - Web Applications
Collective Health, San Francisco
Professional Services Architect
Tradeshift, Stockholm, Sweden