Senior Data Engineer
Smule, San Francisco, CA
Smule's mission is to connect the world through music.
If you are passionate about data, not afraid of dealing with billions of rows, terabytes of data and find this sort of thing super fun, we need you! Come and join us!
- Develop data expertise, be a data steward evangelist, and own data pipelines.
- Architect, build, and deploy new data solutions that provide forward-thinking data opportunities.
- Design and develop extremely efficient and reliable data pipelines to move massive amounts of data into the Data Warehouse and other data platforms.
- Use expert coding skills in Python, shell and Java/Scala.
- Own solutions end-to-end.
- Develop and implement data auditing strategies and processes to ensure data accuracy and integrity.
- Manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Assist in construction of enterprise data warehouse.
- Unmistakable passion for solving difficult data problems.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to communicate data technologies and architectures.
- Advanced / expert SQL skills and solid python and shell scripting.
- 2+ years of Data Warehouse, ETL Design and Implementation.
- Some RDBMS knowledge OLTP and/or analytic columnar RDBMS including data modeling concepts (3NF vs Dimensional modeling).
- Experience working with an MPP system or Map Reduce.
- 2+ years of Java or other OO development experience, with source code control and build/release process.
These are good too:
- Machine learning and recommendation systems
- Experience with Vertica, Tableau, MySQL, Hive, Spark
- Bio, medical or social field experiences
- Passion for something that Smule is about: music, games, social experiences, outstanding software
We believe that music is much more than just listening— it's about creating, sharing, discovering, participating, and connecting with people. It is the original social network with the power to break down barriers, touch souls and bring people together from all over the world. In 2008, we set out to create apps that enabled anyone to create, discover, love and enjoy music. Today, 1.5 % of the world's population (that's 125 million people and counting) have used Smule's apps. And they are creating communities, meeting new like-minded friends, and having fun making music together on Smule. So if you wake up humming, play a mean air guitar or anything in between, then Smule is for you―anyone can do it, no previous experience required. Interested in creating social music experiences? Check out our job openings here.
Want to learn more about Smule? Visit Smule's website.
Jobs You May Like
Vehicle Security Researcher - Security Research
DiDi Labs, Silicon Valley
Senior Software Engineer, Front End
Rocket Lawyer, London
Senior Software Engineer
Intersection, New York, NY
Senior Software Engineer - Content Quality
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Senior Director of Product Management
Tradeshift, San Francisco, California
Developer Relations Manager
Badoo, London, UK