Senior Server Engineer
Smule, San Francisco, CA
Smule's mission is to connect the world through music.
Our Smule Nation Platform supports millions of daily users, takes more than 2.2M recordings uploaded in any single day, handle more than 12Gbps peak traffic, and deals with peta bytes of data, with exponential growth. We're growing fast and are looking for server engineers to help us scale our platform to achieve its full potential connecting people around the world.
- Build back-end services and infrastructure that enable Smule to scale the largest social graph for music on the internet.
- Work closely with product teams to define feature specifications and deliver great user experiences built on top of back-end services.
- Work closely with operations to build and scale back-end services. Work on performance, stability, capacity plan, expansion, and system upgrade.
- Deploy releases for use by millions of people, be escalation contact for operations engineers, debug problem live.
- Build report interfaces, data feeds, and internal admin features.
- Passion for building the largest music social graph.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent education experience.
- 7+ years of server side coding in Java.
- 2+ years in a tech lead role. Demonstrated technical leadership of driving projects successfully.
- Hands-on experience with design, development, scaling, troubleshooting, and live support of server applications
- Self-starter, strong sense of ownership, gets things done. Drives work to completion reliably, possibly with scary reliability.
- Server side development experiences in smart phone applications (iOS, Android) and/or consumer electronics industries highly desired.
- Experiences with large scale internet service architectures highly desired.
- Experiences with Play! Framework. Acceptable with Spring, Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogc, or WebSphere.
- Experiences with Elasticsearch, Redis, Facebook Graph API are highly desired.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and MySQL forged in the fires of high traffic, high availability web app environments.
- Fun, positive attitude. Great communication skills and a healthy desire for collaboration.
These are good too:
- Passion for something that Smule is about: music, games, social experiences, outstanding software, massive scale.
We believe that music is much more than just listening— it's about creating, sharing, discovering, participating, and connecting with people. It is the original social network with the power to break down barriers, touch souls and bring people together from all over the world. In 2008, we set out to create apps that enabled anyone to create, discover, love and enjoy music. Today, 1.5 % of the world's population (that's 125 million people and counting) have used Smule's apps. And they are creating communities, meeting new like-minded friends, and having fun making music together on Smule. So if you wake up humming, play a mean air guitar or anything in between, then Smule is for you―anyone can do it, no previous experience required. Interested in creating social music experiences? Check out our job openings here.
Want to learn more about Smule? Visit Smule's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer
Wheelhouse, San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Engineer, Android Mobile Infrastructure
Venmo, San Francisco, CA
Senior Full Stack Engineer, Project Community
Kickstarter, Brooklyn, NY
Lead Java Full Stack Engineer
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Electrical Design Validation Engineer
Zoox, Foster City, CA
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
The Trade Desk, Boulder, CO, Denver, CO