Software Development Manager
Smule, Salt Lake City, UT(Remote)
Smule's mission is to connect the world through music.
Software Development Manager
Smule is on a mission to bring the world together through music. Music is much more than listening… it's about creating, sharing, discovering, participating, and connecting with people. With 50 million monthly active users creating over 20 million songs every day, Smule is connecting people all over the world through the joy of making music and transforming the music landscape from one of passive listening to collaborative creative expression and active engagement.
As a Software Development Manager, you will be working closely with Smule’s Audio / Video team to help craft our next generation, massively social, massively multiplayer musical creation experience. Our apps are top performers in the App Store, Google Play Store, and in the news – the apps you would help to create will be enjoyed by millions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Audio/Video, Android and iOS, Design, Platform, Ops, and QA
- Understand project scope and objectives; work to clarify specifications and other documentation before engineers are assigned new projects
- Help to assign best available engineering resources to projects, monitor workload, and reassign resources as needed
- Proactively identify and mitigate project risks and issues
- Provide consistent project updates detailing strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Promote and enforce agile software development best practices
- Help mentor team members, fostering their technical, career, and personal growth
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, software development management, or related field
- Strong technical background in software development (4+ years working experience)
- Experience managing a software development team
- Self-starter, with a strong sense of ownership, who reliably drives work to completion
- Excellent written and verbal communication, decision-making, and organizational skills
- Ability to manage several simultaneous projects
- Solid project management and project planning skills
- Experience working on multimedia, mobile, and server-side applications
- Fun, positive, person with a healthy desire for collaboration
- Passion for music, games, and social experiences
We believe that music is much more than just listening— it's about creating, sharing, discovering, participating, and connecting with people. It is the original social network with the power to break down barriers, touch souls and bring people together from all over the world. In 2008, we set out to create apps that enabled anyone to create, discover, love and enjoy music. Today, 1.5 % of the world's population (that's 125 million people and counting) have used Smule's apps. And they are creating communities, meeting new like-minded friends, and having fun making music together on Smule. So if you wake up humming, play a mean air guitar or anything in between, then Smule is for you―anyone can do it, no previous experience required. Interested in creating social music experiences? Check out our job openings here.
Want to learn more about Smule? Visit Smule's website.
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price