Product Designer - Growth
Smule, San Francisco, CA
Smule's mission is to connect the world through music.
Smule is on a mission to bring the world together through music. Music is much more than listening… it's about creating, sharing, discovering, participating, and connecting with people. With 50 million monthly active users creating over 20 million songs every day, Smule is connecting people all over the world through the joy of making music and transforming the music landscape from one of passive listening to collaborative creative expression and active engagement.
You will join a team of passionate product designers to build experiences that impact the lives of millions of people. As a Product Designer, you will be involved in all aspects of the product development process from brainstorming to tweaking pixels. You will be expected to utilize a wide range of product design skills from user testing to interaction to visual and work in cross-functional, collaborative project teams directly with product managers and engineers.
The Growth squad is in charge of improving and scaling access to Smule for users all around the world. As a member of Growth Squad, you will be working on a range of projects, such as onboarding, social engagement, and community discovery, to foster and strengthen users’ social participation and connections with each other, and projects such as payments, localization and core infrastructure to improve user retention and grow subscribers globally.
Come join us and help to bring people together from all over the world through the power of music. This position is full-time and based in San Francisco.
You are passionate about creating holistic product experiences for people from all over the world. You are a great communicator, humble, and have a strong desire to continue learning. You are solutions oriented and always looking for a challenge. You are mobile first in your design approach and are able to rally your peers around a concept. Above all, you want to be part of a team looking to change the world through music.
- Design experiences that improve product usability in simple and elegant ways
- Partner with designers, product managers and engineering to develop and evolve concepts into tangible solutions
- Execute end-to-end design work from user research to prototyping to wireframing to production
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers and work collaboratively to elevate product quality and design standards
- Minimum of 3 years experience is required
- Intermediate experience in Sketch, Adobe CC and other relative design software
- Understanding of user centered design principles for Desktop, iOS and Android
- Ability to rapid prototype
- Experience in designing for mobile and multi-touch devices
- Experience in building and shipping applications or software
- Excellent verbal and communication skills, articulating design decisions and storytelling
- Understand how to execute under the constraints of scope and timelines
- Must be a team player
- Must have a portfolio featuring examples of interaction design work
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end product design
The Ideal Candidate
- Is highly collaborative and ego-free
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and is not afraid to roll up their sleeves
- Demonstrates resilience and sees challenges as opportunities to build and grow
- Has a healthy disregard for the impossible
- Gives and receives feedback with candor and grace
- Is proactive in identifying and solving problems
- Is deeply empathetic and passionate about the Smule community
We believe that music is much more than just listening— it's about creating, sharing, discovering, participating, and connecting with people. It is the original social network with the power to break down barriers, touch souls and bring people together from all over the world. In 2008, we set out to create apps that enabled anyone to create, discover, love and enjoy music. Today, 1.5 % of the world's population (that's 125 million people and counting) have used Smule's apps. And they are creating communities, meeting new like-minded friends, and having fun making music together on Smule. So if you wake up humming, play a mean air guitar or anything in between, then Smule is for you―anyone can do it, no previous experience required. Interested in creating social music experiences? Check out our job openings here.
Want to learn more about Smule? Visit Smule's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Product Designer
Addepar, Mountain View, CA
United Technologies Digital, New York
Internship Visual Design
Part-Time Visual Design Instructor
General Assembly, Seattle
Director of Toy Design
BarkBox, New York, NY
Senior Product UI / UX Designer
PolicyGenius, New York