Smule, Salt Lake City, UT. San Francisco, CA
Smule's mission is to connect the world through music.
Smule Inc. is a leading US based company, founded in 2008 and specialized in developing innovative mobile based software solutions. Ten years on, Smule Inc. employs more than 200 people and is a vibrant, global community of music lovers.
Smule is on a mission to bring the world together through music. Music is much more than listening… it's about creating, sharing, discovering, participating, and connecting with people. With 50 million monthly active users creating over 20 million songs every day, Smule is connecting people all over the world through the joy of making music and transforming the music landscape from one of passive listening to collaborative creative expression and active engagement.
- Execute monthly close, including preparation of journal entries, reconciliation, and other reporting, ensuring accurate results are delivered on time for reporting in accordance with GAAP and per close calendar.
- Responsible for close processes of cash, prepaid, accruals, internal use software, leases, and other balance sheet accounts as assigned.
- Responsible for all fixed asset related recording and reporting and ensure proper accounting for finance and operating leases under ASC 842, including additions, transfers, and disposals.
- Provide analysis on financial results (actual vs budget, month over month fluctuations, trends, etc)
- Ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures, and controls for assigned areas.
- Perform technical accounting research and draft accounting memos and policies to support business, functional, and accounting needs.
- Work cross functionally with departments of engineering, IT, data center, FP&A, marketing, and various business owners to support new initiatives and maintain working relationships.
- Assist with the execution of year-end financial audits.
- Drive to continuously improve the automation of the accounting and financial reporting processes.
- Additional responsibilities and/or tasks will be assigned as needed and appropriate.
- Degree in finance or accounting. CPA preferred.
- 3-5 years accounting experience.
- Netsuite experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-starter, results-oriented, team player with high personal drive and commitment.
- Highly proficient in MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent attention to detail and critical thinking skills
We believe that music is much more than just listening— it's about creating, sharing, discovering, participating, and connecting with people. It is the original social network with the power to break down barriers, touch souls and bring people together from all over the world. In 2008, we set out to create apps that enabled anyone to create, discover, love and enjoy music. Today, 1.5 % of the world's population (that's 125 million people and counting) have used Smule's apps. And they are creating communities, meeting new like-minded friends, and having fun making music together on Smule. So if you wake up humming, play a mean air guitar or anything in between, then Smule is for you―anyone can do it, no previous experience required. Interested in creating social music experiences? Check out our job openings here.
Want to learn more about Smule? Visit Smule's website.
The best bed for better sleep