Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for a Network Engineer to join Snap Inc! Working from our Venice, CA headquarters, as a member of the IT team, you’ll be supporting the networks, systems, and tools that keep the business growing and our information safe.
What you’ll do:
- Build and deploy new site networks and infrastructure
- Engineer and implement new solutions to meet business and performance requirements
- Evaluate new technologies, prioritize their acquisition, and make decisions in alignment with IT roadmaps and business requirements
- Monitor and maintain existing network infrastructure
- Support IT and Security incidents and initiatives
- Manage and maintain datacenter infrastructure for employee facing services
- Train others to take on operations, as needed
- Communicate timelines, network dependencies, resource constraints, and progress with key stakeholders timely and effectively
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation
- Occasional travel
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of experience in core network technologies, including routing, switching, implementation and design
- 5+ years experience implementing and managing small to medium scale BGP deployments
- 5+ years experience implementing and managing medium to large scale OSPF deployments
- 5+ years of experience utilizing network tools and packet sniffers. e.g. wireshark, tcpdump
- 3-5 years experience managing network monitoring and configuration management tools, SNMP and netflow
- 3-5 years LAN technologies including:
- Spanning Tree, loop prevention, port security, VLAN, LACP, QOS
- 3-5 years Network Security technologies including:
- Firewall administration, NAT, PAT, IPSec and SSL VPN, network access lists
- 3-5 years Wireless Networking, 802.11 b/g/a/n, RF, rouge mitigation
- 1-2 years Systems/server administration
- 1-2 years Python/shell scripting
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!
Want to learn more about Snap Inc.? Visit https://www.snap.com/en-US/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Front End Developer - Internal Tools
Palantir Technologies, London, United Kingdom
Senior Software Engineer (Front End Engineer)
PlayStation, Aliso Viejo, CA
Associate Engineer, Advanced Production Technology
HelloFresh, New York, NY | Newark, NJ | Dallas, TX
Senior Software Engineer
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Sr. Technical Program Manager
Time Inc., New York, NY