Software Engineer, Backend
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Creators of Snapchat, Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Zenly
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by millions people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for a Backend Engineer to join Snap Inc! Working closely with the Augmented Reality team, you will be tasked with solving interesting technical challenges, such as architecting and deploying infrastructure to handle our scale. Working from our Los Angeles, CA headquarters, you will play a key role in maintaining software used by millions of people every day.
What you'll do:
- Evaluate the technical tradeoffs of every decision
- Perform code reviews and ensure exceptional code quality
- Build robust, lasting, and scalable products
- Iterate quickly without compromising quality
- BS/BA in a technical field such as Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience working with Java
- Experience with mobile apps and/or databases
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Someone who gets excited by tough technical challenges
- Someone who loves to learn and is passionate about helping others
- Someone who can collaborate and work well with others
- Experience working with distributed systems
- A passion for Snapchat and creativity!
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!