Wireless Network Engineer
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Creators of Snapchat, Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Zenly
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for a Wireless Network Engineer to join Snap Inc! As a member of the IT team, you will manage and maintain our networks and systems operating efficiently. Working from our Los Angeles, CA headquarters, you’ll collaborate with the team to support the networks, systems, and tools that keep our business growing and information safe.
What you’ll do:
- Build and deploy new site networks and infrastructure
- Engineer and implement new solutions to meet business and performance requirements
- Evaluate new technologies, prioritize their acquisition, and make decisions in alignment with IT roadmaps and business requirements
- Monitor and maintain existing network infrastructure
- Support IT and Security incidents and initiatives
- Manage and maintain datacenter infrastructure for employee facing services
- Train others to take on operations, as needed
- Communicate timelines, network dependencies, resource constraints, and progress with key stakeholders timely and effectively
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation
- Travel occasionally
- 6+ years experience designing wireless infrastructure
- Experience modeling new infrastructure designs with Ekahau or Airmanget
- Experience in core network technologies, including routing, switching, implementation and design
- Experienced in managing network monitoring and configuration management tools, SNMP and netflow
- Experience Cloud based wireless solution
- Experience operating high-density AP and client deployments
- Experience working with API for network management
- 1+ years Systems/server administration
- 1+ years Python/shell scripting
- Experienced in LAN technologies including: Spanning Tree, loop prevention, port security, VLAN, LACP, QOS
- Experienced in Network Security technologies including: Firewall administration, NAT, PAT, IPSec and SSL VPN, network access lists
- Strong experience utilizing network tools and packet sniffers. e.g. wireshark, tcpdump
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!