Software Engineer, Android
Snap Inc., Toronto, ON
Creators of Snapchat, Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Zenly
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Bitmoji has transformed how people chat by giving everyone their own personal set of emojis. Each bitmoji features a personalized avatar on a custom handmade graphic, letting people communicate in ways that words alone could never capture.
We’re looking for a Senior Android Engineer to join Team Bitmoji! Working from our Toronto, ON office, you’ll play a key role in building and shaping our platform for features that millions of Bitmoji users use every day. You will own key features in the Bitmoji applications, and integrations in partner applications like Snapchat.
What you'll do:
- Push the limits of mobile devices and create great user experiences
- Build smooth, stable, and fun products
- Develop platform features from design through implementation and launch
- Evaluate technical tradeoffs of every decision and work with design on the best UI and infrastructure practices
- Perform code reviews that guarantee code quality
- Mentor other engineers in mobile development best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field
- 5+ years of experience in developing Android mobile applications
- Strong CS fundamentals and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- History of working on complex projects where you have taken more and more responsibility
- Ability to mentor other engineers
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and deliver compelling well structured products on Android
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!
Want to learn more about Snap Inc.? Visit Snap Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Technical Business Analyst - Data Integration
PEAK6, Chicago, IL
Assistant, Investor Relations and Business Development
The Voleon Group, Berkeley
Software Engineer - Data I/O
Element Analytics, San Francisco, CA
Infrastructure Software Engineer
Liftoff, Palo Alto
iOS Engineer (Senior)