Research Engineer, Machine Learning
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Creators of Snapchat, Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Zenly
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by millions of people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for a Machine Learning Research Engineer to join Team Snapchat! As a member of the Augmented Reality team, you will train state of the art Machine Learning models. Working closely with the Research team, you will collaborate with engineers and designers and find new ways to apply machine learning to create exciting products and breakthrough interactive experiences for millions of Snapchatters around the world.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement machine learning and computer vision solutions to be used by millions of Snapchatters
- Develop deep architectures and optimization techniques for cutting-edge solutions
- Write production software used by millions of Snapchatters
- Learn new techniques and stay on the cutting edge
- Introduce major innovations that can lead to new product features or new areas of business
- Work closely with other Snap teams to explore and prototype new product features
- Master's degree in a technical field such as computer science (or equivalent experience)
- 1+ years of applied machine learning experience
- Experience with deep learning frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, Caffe2, PyTorch)
- Software engineering skills (C++, Python)
- PhD in a technical field such as computer science
- A passion for machine learning; you stay up-to-date with research and are excited about prototyping new ideas quickly
- Specific expertise in any of the following fields is a plus: Segmentation, Object detection, classification, and GANs
- Great communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Examples of your work such as open source projects, blog posts, Kaggle contests, etc.
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!