IT Infrastructure Builds Technician
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Creators of Snapchat, Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Zenly
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for an IT Infrastructure Build Technician to join Snap Inc! Working closely with the IT team, you will install network technologies to help build our global offices. Working from our Santa Monica, CA office, the ideal candidate is detail oriented, has a strong aptitude for problem solving, embraces cross-team collaboration, prides themselves with staying on the cutting edge of enterprise IT technologies, and has a passion for customer service.
What you’ll do:
- Establish relationships with EMEA and APAC offices and act as first point of contact for IT Build needs
- Design IT network deployments in concert with the Network Engineering team to accommodate IP camera infrastructure, and access control
- Manage integration vendors, supply chain distributors, and internet service providers to resolve issues quickly and ensure scope of work agreements are being met
- Track any bugs or system malfunctions while providing strong documentation of issues for team awareness
- Develop proactive procedures for periodic system updates, testing, and validation of functionality for all IT equipment
- Collaborate with Facility, Real Estate, Security, and other build teams to provide planning, coordination, logistics, and execution for network deployments to execute low voltage and high voltage planning
- Provide documentation and cross training for IT Ops team members on basic troubleshooting procedures, as well as best practices
- Identify when equipment replacement purchases or upgrades are needed and escalate to corresponding team members
- Maintain warehouse inventories
- Provide cross functional communications on project status and follow up on punch list items with integration vendors on regional builds and commissioning network deployments
- Maintain system configuration files and infrastructure “As-Builts” in collaboration workspaces such as Google Drive
What we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years of previous work experience in a similar role and minimum high school diploma.
- Proficiency with troubleshooting enterprise and professional network technologies including Brocade, Ruckus, and Sophos
- Familiarity with wireless infrastructure, Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) for in building cellular coverage, building emergency responder radios, and trunked radio system infrastructure
- A command knowledge of power back up systems
- Expertise in structured V/D (Cat5E, Cat6, Cat6A), optical fiber cable Installation, and data center builds, racking various types network switches
- Strong Communications skills – written and oral
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected]
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!
Want to learn more about Snap Inc.? Visit https://www.snap.com/en-US/
Jobs You May Like
The Linux Foundation, San Francisco, CA
Sr. Software Engineer
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Front End Engineer
WorkMarket, Toronto, Canada and New York, NY
Services Architect (Washington, DC)
Okta, Washington, DC
Senior UX Design Consultant
Software Development Engineer in Test Intern
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA