Senior HR Business Partner
Snap Inc., Shenzhen, China
Creators of Snapchat, Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Zenly
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for an HR Manager to join Snap Inc! Working closely with your team, you will work through strategic initiatives such as designing organizational structures as well as more routine administrative tasks such as responding to employee inquiries and helping to run payroll. Working from our Shenzhen, China office, you’ll collaborate with colleagues across the company to help deliver amazing experiences for our employees.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as the a key HR leader supporting our China-based teams, providing support to APAC team members as required
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure employee and business needs are met, focusing on organizational design, performance development, and talent management
- Ensure HR policies are communicated, followed, and in-line with local requirements
- Support local recruitment efforts, in conjunction with the global talent acquisition team
- Provide counsel and guidance on complex employee matters using up-to-date knowledge of local employment law and practices
- Ensure local company policies, including benefit practices, are up-to-date
- Ensure equitable pay for performance is in place as well as a competitive benefit package that takes care of our people
- Influence and/or deploy practices to increase employee engagement and satisfaction
- Prepare monthly payroll with external payroll vendor: collect supplemental insurance and pension payments, track employee changes, generate GL report for Accounting team
- Provide equity tax support to employees: assist with filling out equity tax filing forms, coordinate the approval of the equity tax filing
- Ensure employee registrations are completed: register/deregister employees online, apply insurance card/housing fund accounts for employees, register non-National employees’ social insurance, keep up-to-date on policy changes
- Model and reinforce our cultural values of being kind, smart, and creative
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management or related field
- 5+ years experience in an HR/Finance role
- Experience providing HR Business Partner support to multi-functional teams in the APAC region
- Knowledge of local (China) employment law and practices
- Experience with core HR domains, including performance management, organizational design, talent management, compensation, and employee relations
- Experience running a payroll and processing invoices
- Fluent in English
- Ability to prioritize workload and self-manage projects; demonstrates initiative and manages multiple, competing priorities
- HR experience in a tech start-up or high growth company
- Knowledge of SAFE filings and tax calculations
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!