Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by millions of people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly-curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join Team Snapchat to support our computer vision efforts, from algorithmic development to building tools and applications. Working from our London, UK office, you will cover various platforms and environments but the consistent thread is producing high quality code and having high-level input in the design and implementation of these products.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute your coding skills to new internal and external products and tools
- Work on exciting projects related to computer vision
- Collaborate on designing new software and processes
- Do code reviews and care about code quality, while also iterating quickly
- Build robust, lasting, and scalable products
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Exceptional C++ coding skills
- Software engineering experience
- Experience in Android or iOS development
- Coding skills in any of the following: Java, Objective-C, Python
- Experience working in real-time 3D environments and OpenGL
- Experience with image processing/computer vision algorithms
- The ability to take an unfamiliar algorithm, understand it, translate it to code and improve it
- Dedication to code quality, performance and continuous improvement
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!