Software Engineer, AR
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Creators of Snapchat, Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Zenly
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by millions of people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join Team Snapchat! Working from our Los Angeles, CA headquarters, you will work on new AR products and technology. You’ll collaborate with engineers, researchers, and designers to define and deliver new features, test new concepts, and assist with final implementation.
What you’ll do:
- Prototype new AR user experiences involving real time 3D graphics, including experiences that require visual understanding of the scene
- Present and test your ideas and solutions within the company
- Develop internal and external tools to support content creation
- Bring the most innovative concepts to life to help push the boundaries of mobile user experience and interface design across a new category of computer vision and machine learning powered products
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field
- 2+ years of experience in designing, building, and shipping high quality products
- Outstanding portfolio of interactive 3D experiences
- Experience with iOS and/or Android development
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Proven experience with C++, OpenGL, GLSL
- Strong understanding of 3D mathematics
- Deep knowledge of rendering systems (including shaders, particle systems, physics, lighting, and animation)
- Experience with tools like Unity3D, OpenFrameworks, or similar
- Experience working closely with UX, technology, and R&D teams
- Experience with optimization for low-power devices
- Exceptional ability to write efficient, clean, maintainable, and portable code
- Experience working in VR or AR
- Experience with Metal
- Background in computer vision and/or gaming
- Knowledge of various VFX pipelines
- Ability to plan, prioritise and manage your workload across multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
Passionate about Snapchat!
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!