Machine Learning Engineer, Ads Ranking
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, Mountain View
Creators of Snapchat, Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Zenly
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is also one of the fastest growing ad platforms offering unique opportunities to advertisers. We believe that ads should make our product more engaging and deliver value to both users and advertisers instead of being a distraction. Our innovative ad products such as Sponsored Lenses and Filters blur the line between organic and sponsored content and create a truly personalized experience that our users want to share with each other.
We’re looking for an experienced ML engineer to join Snap Inc! Ads Ranking team. Working from our Los Angeles or Mountain View office, you will build large scale online model training systems, use state-of-the-art ML techniques to predict user interactions with ads and have direct impact on company revenue.
What you'll do:
- Design new features and models to drive ad relevance and engagement
- Develop new techniques for inferring user preferences from their past engagement
- Architect large scale ML systems to support real-time predictions at internet scale
- Implement new ad products to deliver value for users, advertisers and the company
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Strong understanding of machine learning approaches and algorithms
- Experience building large scale ranking/recommendation systems using frameworks such as TensorFlow, Caffe2, PyTorch, Spark ML, scikit-learn
- Experience processing large datasets using Hadoop, Spark, Dataflow or similar technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science or equivalent experience
- Graduate degree in computer science or related field
- Experience working in ad tech
- Experience with wide-and-deep or deep-and-cross model architectures
- Understanding of auction theory aspects of online advertising
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected]
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!