Software Engineer, iOS
Snap Inc., Shenzhen, China
Creators of Snapchat, Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Zenly
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by millions of people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join Snap Product Engineering! As a member of the Notify & Activate team, you will deliver new features for future releases and help recruit for the remaining open roles on the team. Working from our Shenzhen office, you and the team will focus on successfully onboarding new Snapchatters, helping them learn the app, and keeping them informed of new features and events. You will work on projects that span from weeks to months, but all will be used by millions of people around the world.
What you’ll do:
- Help existing Snapchatters get the most out of the app
- Push the limits of mobile devices and create great user experiences
- Build smooth, stable, and fun products
- Develop features from design through implementation and launch
- Evaluate the technical tradeoffs of every decision and work with design on the best UI and infrastructure practices
- Work with other senior leaders to define and execute a strategic roadmap aligned with Snapchat’s top goals
- Be responsible for coding new features and installing the right expertise into the team through your leadership for long-term success
- Set the daily direction for a small team of engineers with outsized impact
- 5+ years of experience in developing mobile applications
- Experience in system design and hands-on development
- Experience managing a team of 1-2 (or more) engineers
- BS/BA degree in a technical field such as Computer Science (or equivalent years of experience)
- Comprehension of and ability to speak in English
- Strong track record of delivering large client features in app registration, sign-up, and onboarding
- Strong CS fundamentals and problem solving skills
- Interest in machine learning approach to problem solving
- Experience in Objective-C and specifically xcode and iOS programming
- AB testing and evaluation experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with high attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Experience collaborating with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of a company
Snapchat is a fun, innovative, challenging, and rewarding company. If it sounds like a fit to you and you want to work and have fun, please apply. We are looking for engineers that can do any or all development in iOS and backend development.
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected]
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!