VP, Client Engagement, Placed - East
Snap Inc., New York, NY
Creators of Snapchat, Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Zenly
Placed is the market leader in location-driven insights and ad intelligence. We're a fast-growing organization headquartered in downtown Seattle, focusing on connecting the physical and digital worlds to give brands, agencies, publishers and ad networks the ability to target location at scale, measure the offline impact of ads and deliver actionable insights into consumer behavior.
Placed is looking for a VP, Client Engagement - East to lead our NYC-based team of Account Directors, Account Managers, and Account Coordinators.
As VP, Client Engagement - East, you will play a key role in cultivating and growing relationships with Placed’s largest agency and brand clients as well as lead our account management and partner management functions. You will be responsible for maintaining and growing client revenue, ensuring that Placed is considered a strategic partner, and that service levels and responsiveness are industry leading. As the only independent player in the space that’s not selling media, Placed acts as a strategic partner across a wide swath of companies. Rather than searching for IOs, you will be developing strategic relationships, focused around connecting the digital to the physical world.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the account management team (Account Directors, Account Managers, Account Coordinators) that are responsible for managing our agency and direct client relationships
- Lead the partner management team (Partner Directors, Partner Managers) that are responsible for our publisher, network, DSP relationships
- Teach and demonstrate to the team how to cultivate and grow relationships with senior level executives at key agency and direct clients
- Maintain and grow revenue within those key relationships
- Drive and lead monthly / quarterly business reviews that are full of actionable insights for key accounts
- Evangelize Placed’s offerings with senior level executives at key agency and brand clients
- Educate our agency and brand clients on the value and actionability of location as it relates to Placed Attribution, Placed Targeting, and Placed Insights
- Be an expert on Placed’s product offering
- Work independently, be a self-starter and have good team work and great communications skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field
- 12+ years of experience working with media agencies, fortune 500 brands, media publishers, ad-networks and/or programmatic advertising companies
- Previous leadership and management experience
- Experience with developing account management staff
- A history of business development, strategic selling and engaging with senior executives
- Past work experience that required use of communication skills – verbal and written
- Able to travel as needed (~ 25% of the time)
- Knowledge of the mobile, advertising, and analytics space
- The ability to work in a dynamic, quickly changing environment
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Collaboration skills and a strong team player
- Solid knowledge of data analytics and ability to take particular uses cases and build data streams to support analyses that support the use cases.
- Excellent relationship development skills
At Placed, a subsidiary of Snap, Inc., we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Placed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!