Software Engineer, Lens Engine
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Creators of Snapchat, Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Zenly
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by millions of people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for a software engineer to join Team Snapchat! As a member of the AR team, you will be owning and driving high-level features from planning through implementation, be involved in all stages of the software development lifecycle, solving complex technical problems that will impact millions of daily users. Working from our Los Angeles, CA headquarters, you’ll collaborate with the design team to develop Snapchat Lens Engine.
What you’ll do:
- Design and develop Snapchat Lens Engine features
- Find possible optimizations to provide maximum performance of our product
- Take part in feature planning and creating technical specifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science
- 2+ years of C++ experience
- 4+ years of Software Development experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with high attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Experience with popular game engines such as Unity, Unreal Engine or CryEngine
- Experience rendering using DirectX, Metal API or OpenGL
- Experience developing for mobile devices
- Physics engine integration or development
- Experience with C++17
- Experience with Qt
- Personal games or related projects
- Optimization experience
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!