Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for a News Producer to join Team Snap! Working closely with the News team, you will pitch, produce, and edit Our Stories news content, while also curating Snaps from Snapchatters to tell stories in original ways that feel native to the platform. Working from our Venice, CA headquarters, you will have an opportunity to touch every part of the editorial process, all while being at the front lines of the future of news storytelling. We want big and bold ideas!
What you’ll do:
- Produce and edit original Snapchat news content
- Pitch and source story ideas that feel native to Snapchat
- Report and fact-check major news events
- Help produce original politics content
- Write news copy for filters for Our Stories
- Manage outreach and pre-production for news-focused Our Stories
- Collaborate with other verticals and Design, Product, and Growth teams when necessary
- Maintain relationships and develop sources with domestic and international news organizations, government agencies, political organizations, and local influencers in the U.S. and overseas
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years experience in journalism and news production
- Proven experience as a collaborator who works well under breaking news pressure
- Demonstrated ability to write and produce under tight deadlines
- Ability to use Final Cut
- Experience using After Effects
- Background in TV production is strongly preferred
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!