Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for an Accounting Manager to join Snap Inc! As a member of the Finance and Accounting team, you will work closely with cross functional teams including Revenue Strategy, Business Partner Finance, Sales Operations, Sales Legal, and Revenue Product. Working from our Los Angeles, CA headquarters, you’ll collaborate with business partners daily to ensure accurate and timely GAAP reporting of ad revenues and review revenue contracts, advise on the accounting impact of agreement terms, optimize processes for efficient and accurate data flow, and record and report sales.
What you’ll do:
- Review contracts with customers, assessing the revenue recognition impact in accordance with ASC 606
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Revenue Products, Sales Operations and Legal, on projects such as: the automation of revenue transaction processing, drafting sales of incentives, or rolling out new products
- Manage a team of 2-3 accounting professionals
- Review monthly and quarterly journal entries and account reconciliations as part of the monthly close process for revenue, AR, deferred revenue, and other areas as assigned, ensuring there is proper supporting documentation
- Prepare and review materials for internal and external reporting on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Prepare and review various reconciliations and analyses of account activity
- Identify risks, implement controls, and maintain proper process documentation and evidence in accordance with SOX
- Provide support for the annual financial statement audit, as well as periodic internal audits
- Improve and document general processes for all facets of the various revenue streams
- Create reports to support and improve the Revenue Accounting team’s operations
- Provide support for other ad hoc analyses and projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in accounting or finance
- 6+ years of experience as an accounting professional
- 2+ years managing a team
- CPA License
- Big 4 firm experience
- Fortune 500, private, and/or startup company experience
- Experience in reviewing revenue contracts
- Strong knowledge of accounting for multi-element arrangements
- Experience in operating systems including NetSuite and SalesForce
- Exceptional analytical skills and strong Excel skills (Pivot Tables, VLookUps, etc.)
- Strong accounting knowledge and an understanding of US GAAP
- Ability to work under pressure and perform several tasks concurrently in a deadline driven environment
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills, as well as superior attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A proactive person who can multi-task, think creatively, and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- A detail-oriented individual who has a high sense of urgency and exceptional organizational skills
- A strong work ethic and the ability to work extended hours as needed
- Someone who is flexible, eager, and willing to build from the ground up
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!