Director, Marketing, Placed
Snap Inc., Seattle, WA
Creators of Snapchat, Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Zenly
We’re looking for a Director, Marketing to join Placed, a subsidiary of Snap Inc! Working closely with internal teams such as Product, Sales, Client Services, Panel, and Analytics, you will be responsible for all external communications including PR, product marketing, research reports, website content, social media, and events. Working from our Seattle, WA headquarters, you’ll collaborate with internal and external teams to expand our marketing communication strategy.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with the Placed CEO and Snap Communications team to develop strategic initiatives to achieve quarterly and annual marketing goals
- Identify new tactics and outlets to drive awareness of Placed products and acquire leads
- Draft press releases; strategically pitch national and trade media outlets to generate awareness and demand for Placed products
- Develop product marketing materials to support the Placed Sales organization, including pitch decks, one-pagers, FAQs, and other collateral as needed
- Own content development, including drafting and editing white papers, case studies, blog posts, email newsletters, and social media
- Write website copy and coordinate with internal and external parties to develop the layout, design, and messaging of the Placed website
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, marketing, or another related area of study
- 5+ years of relevant marketing experience
- 3+ years of experience in public relations
- Proven ability to identify and craft pitches to various media outlets, resulting in positive press coverage, and lead generation
- Keen understanding of brand marketing and marketing support services
- Experience in the production of campaigns, printed collateral presentations, websites, videos, and other marketing materials
- Experience in coordinating and executing different Marketing and Sales events
- Proven experience in analyzing first party data to create customer and market insights
- Experience managing budgets and vendors
At Placed, a subsidiary of Snap, Inc., we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Placed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!