IT Application Engineer
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Creators of Snapchat, Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Zenly
Snapchat is the camera used by millions of people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for an Application Developer to join Team Snapchat! Working from our Los Angeles, CA headquarters, you will design & architect and ship high quality code. You’ll collaborate with our Finance and Sales Finance teams to build scalable Netsuite projects. You will be the primary engineer for Netsuite ERP.
What you’ll do:
- Be the technical point of contact for our ERP application (NetSuite)
- Architect, design, build, and deliver optimized NetSuite solutions including customizations, scripting (2.0), integrations & support case resolution
- Stay ahead of the new NetSuite features and functionality, and provide recommendations for improvements
- Perform technical design/code reviews & audits to ensure design objectives are met and standards are followed
- Work with management, product managers, and finance business customers to scope work and produce estimates
- Adapt to changing priorities of the business and seek out ways to develop new skills.
- Balance multiple projects and contending priorities
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical field, or equivalent years of industry experience
- 5+ years of industry experience with emphasis with NetSuite Development experience with SuiteScript and integrations
- Ability to write and review SuiteScripts (1.0 & 2.0) from scratch - extensive understanding of SuiteFlow, SuiteTalk, SuiteBuilder,workflows and Map-Reduce
- Expertise in Boomi and prior experience in building NetSuite integrations with Boomi
- Deep understanding of NetSuite Architecture and related technologies
- SuiteCommerce Advanced experience a plus
- Experience with data migration
- Good understanding and hands on experience on the SuiteCloud Development Framework (SDF)
- NetSuite Certification such as SuiteCloud Developer Certification and SuiteCommerce Developer Certification
- Excellent Analytical and critical thinking skills, high attention to detail is needed
- Strong fundamental understanding of SOX, Segregation of Duties and Information Technology General Controls
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!