Developer Marketing Manager
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Creators of Snapchat, Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Zenly
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
With the launch of Snap Kit, our new set of developer tools, we’re enabling developers to build incredible new product experiences that leverage Snapchat’s best features. To help spread the word with the developer community, we are looking for a experienced and strategic marketer to drive awareness of Snap Kit through creative storytelling, press releases, social media, newsletters, drip campaigns, paid media and events. This role is part marketing, part growth, part communications, and part events. The ideal candidate will craft Snap’s developer marketing strategy and clearly position the unique opportunity Snap Kit and our other developer platform products present. This is an exciting opportunity for a creative and passionate marketer to set the overall marketing strategy and voice for Snap Kit with the developer community.
What you’ll do:
- Formulate and drive the overall marketing strategy for Snap’s developer tools including Snap Kit
- Create and coordinate developer messaging and outreach through blog posts, email campaigns, newsletters, new product announcements, and social media
- Work closely with developer partners to create case studies and success stories that articulate the value of Snap Kit with the developer community
- Collaborate across teams including product, engineering, marketing, communications, and events to plan, create and execute developer marketing campaigns, communications and press releases
- Help plan, organize, market, and manage Snap’s presence at existing conferences as well as a series of global developer conferences
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- 5+ years work experience creating and executing marketing campaigns for developer tools and technical products
- Demonstrated leadership in the launch of a new developer products
- Excellence in creative storytelling, marketing and establishing a unique voice
- Understanding of developer product and business needs and ability to articulate the value of developing on Snap’s platforms
- Experience in graphic design and layout of marketing blogs and email newsletters
- Familiarity in coordinating and planning developer events and conferences
- Comfort in public speaking to both internal, external and executive audiences
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!