Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by millions of people every day to snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly-curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for a Commercial Strategist to join the Global Online Sales team! You will be responsible for developing and implementing our commercial strategy for the Chinese advertising market. Working from either our Shenzhen or Beijing, China office, you’ll collaborate with cross-functional teams within Snap, as well as external partners, to grow advertising sales in China and APAC.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and implement Snap’s commercial strategy for China, in particular through partnership with sales representatives and other commercial partners in the market
- Become an evangelist for Snapchat ad products in the Chinese media community, including through direct meetings with advertisers, marketing events, trainings, etc.
- Educate advertisers and partners on Snap’s suite of engagement tools: Lenses, Filters, Stories, and Snap Ads
- Recommend marketing plans with measurable objectives and KPIs
- Proactively analyze advertiser campaign performance data, provide timely feedback, and recommend enhancements
- Partner with global cross-functional teams to deliver solution for the unique needs of the Chinese market
- Achieve ambitious revenue targets
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5 - 10 years in media sales, media buying, partner management, management consulting, digital advertising, and/or equivalent digital marketing roles
- Strong knowledge of the Chinese advertising landscape (especially export advertising)
- Proven track record of reaching and exceeding revenue goals
- Creative, outside-the-box thinker, and strategist
- Strong analytical skills with a “feel” for numbers
- Deep understanding of the digital advertising landscape
- Ability to engage and partner with C-Level/VP level executives
- Ability to win the support of key stakeholders
- Ability to perform well in highly dynamic, rapidly changing environments
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- A team player and collaborator
- Passionate about Snapchat and up for the challenge of building something from the ground up
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!