Software Engineer, Rendering
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Creators of Snapchat, Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Zenly
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by millions of people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for a 3D Rendering Engineer to join Team Snapchat! As a member of the rendering innovations team, you will work on 3D engines and advanced algorithms utilizing cutting edge capabilities of modern mobile GPUs. Working from our Los Angeles, CA headquarters, you’ll collaborate with designers, engineers, and program managers to push the limits and create new AR experiences.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with rendering and core engineers to incorporate new algorithms into the Lens engine
- Research advanced rendering effects to adopt for mobile GPUs to perform as fast as possible
- Develop new rendering materials and methods for the 3D artists team to achieve the best visuals on the mobile market
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field
- Strong skills in 3D math, trigonometry
- 3+ years of 3D engines/shaders/techs development experience
- 2+ years of C++ experience
- Proven knowledge of software and hardware rendering pipeline (Mobile, Console or PC)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with high attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Experience with OpenGL, Metal, Vulcan, DirectX APIs
- Experience with GLSL, MSL, HLSL, Compute shaders
- Experience in optimization for mobile/console GPUs
- Experience in creating rendering engines
- Experience in creating unique/custom VFX algorithms/approaches
- Experience with PBR
- Personal 3D rendering related projects
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!
Want to learn more about Snap Inc.? Visit Snap Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Lead Java Architect - Data Product Development, Digital Marketing Experience
Visa, Austin TX, US
Technical Program Manager, Security
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer 2
Cardlytics, Cardlytics Headquarters - Atlanta, GA
Software Development Engineer in Test
Salesforce Business Systems Analyst
Penumbra, Alameda, CA