IT Events Technical Producer
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Creators of Snapchat, Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Zenly
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for an IT Events Technical Producer, New Media to join Snap Inc! Working from our Los Angeles, CA headquarters with the IT team, you will work directly with our Event Managers to support the technical aspects of their events. Ideal candidates are passionate about technology, production management, customer service, and building a team. Significant travel is expected.
What you’ll do:
- Review client requests and provide technical direction for the planning, scheduling, and delivery of services
- Apply significant knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our internal partners
- Direct and oversee work of audio visual vendors
- Cultivate a network of global event resources and provide Technical Production Lead with reports on vendor performance
- Easily step into the role of Executive Producer, Technical Director, and/or Project Manager from planning to execution for all assigned events and video productions globally
- Keep the Technical Production Lead well informed of status of event support efforts and serves as liaison between vendors and clients
- Own the technical support lifecycle and is responsible for managing technical risks throughout support planning and delivery
- Communicate and enforce Snap Inc. standards, creating and defining new standards as technology and scope evolves
- Manage technical resources within budget and client support schedule
- Consistently deliver high-quality, high impact services to clients
- Own logistic planning from end to end. Oversee warehouse inventory and global asset management
- Communicate with customers and stakeholders regarding new materials and systems to ensure that they are scoped and launched in an appropriate manner
- Escalate issues encountered during events in a timely manner to appropriate service owner for immediate resolution, or eventual maintenance
- Create and contribute to SOPs and documentation
- Completing detailed event reporting using ticket tracking system
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Work with operation of Windows and Macintosh operating systems, network routers and wireless devices, specialty photo printers, custom new media, iPads, iPhones, Crunchy products, etc.
- 5+ years of technical event production experience in a corporate or entertainment field
- 3+ years of equipment operation experience in live event environment
- 2+ working in a project management role
- Technical education or on the job training equivalent in CAD software
- 5+ years experience operating Video Conferencing, Audio Conferencing, Local Audio Reinforcement, Video and Graphics Technologies (including projection, switching, and formatting), Video Recording and Camera Operation, Internet Broadcast Video Streaming, Network Infrastructure Assessment, Set design, and IT operations and Support
- 2+ years experience with vendor assessment and management
- Understands the benefits of the various event formats (i.e. Q&A, Training, Town Hall, Broadcast, etc.) as well as how to execute these formats flawlessly
- Strong interest in technology and agility at learning new products and features
- Ability to travel internationally
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends as needed
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team
- Ability to motivate and focus cross functional teams to reach challenging goals
- The ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal formats
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!