Senior Data Scientist, Placed
Snap Inc., Seattle, WA
Creators of Snapchat, Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Zenly
Placed is the market leader in location-driven insights and ad intelligence. We're a fast-growing organization headquartered in downtown Seattle, focusing on connecting the physical and digital worlds to give brands, agencies, publishers, and ad networks the ability to target location at scale, measure the offline impact of ads, and deliver actionable insights into consumer behavior.
We’re looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join Placed, a subsidiary of Snap Inc! Working closely with our Engineering, Product, and Research teams, you will have the opportunity to research, design, and implement models that pull signal from a variety of data sets with varying attributes. Working from our Seattle, WA headquarters, you’ll collaborate to solve complex problems in the mobile location space, working with disparate data sources to stitch together precise results that will directly benefit Placed clients.
What you’ll do:
- Lead development and deployment of spatial/textual information processing algorithms
- Build machine learning systems to extract information from large-scale mobile data
- Manage in-house and crowd-sourced ground truth generation
- Develop internal tools to measure data health and quality
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years in a production environment
- A PhD in computer science, linguistics, electronic engineering, mathematics, statistics, physics, or related fields
- Experience with machine learning or natural language processing
- Direct experience with large-scale machine learning systems
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language, specifically Ruby or Python
- Experiences with large scale data processing (e.g. MapReduce and Spark) and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB)
At Placed, a subsidiary of Snap, Inc., we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Placed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!
Want to learn more about Snap Inc.? Visit Snap Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Foursquare, New York
Pinterest, San Francisco
MLB Advanced Media, St. Louis, Philadelphia, Seattle, Texas (Dallas/Ft.Worth area)
Materials Research Scientist
Desktop Metal, Main Office - Burlington
Data Science Instructor
General Assembly, Singapore
Quality Systems Manager
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL