Senior Software Engineer, Web, Placed
Snap Inc., Seattle, WA
Creators of Snapchat, Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Zenly
Placed is the market leader in location-driven insights and ad intelligence. We're a fast-growing organization headquartered in downtown Seattle, focusing on connecting the physical and digital worlds to give brands, agencies, publishers, and ad networks the ability to target location at scale, measure the offline impact of ads and deliver actionable insights into consumer behavior.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join Placed, a subsidiary of Snap Inc! As a member of our web product team, you will design and develop our customer-facing applications which provide advanced location and advertising analytics to many of the world's biggest brands and retailers. Working from our Seattle, WA headquarters, you’ll partner with product, data science, and other engineering teams to develop clean and intuitive visualizations that provide meaningful and accessible insights from immense data sets.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with product owners, engineering leadership and other stakeholders to identify development priorities
- Work closely with UX/UI designers and product managers to consistently improve customer experiences
- Partner with other engineers to develop roadmaps for full stack architectural changes in support of long term goals
- Build secure interfaces which protect sensitive user and customer data
- Mentor junior engineering staff
What we’re looking for:
- BS degree in computer science or related technical field
- 7+ years of software development experience on enterprise or consumer web applications
- Experience designing and building RESTful APIs
- Experience building data visualizations (ex. D3.js)
- Production experience with Angular, React, or Ember
- Experience writing tests with front-end testing frameworks (i.e. Mocha, Chai)
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to identify and communicate data-driven insights
At Placed, a subsidiary of Snap, Inc., we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Placed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!
Want to learn more about Snap Inc.? Visit Snap Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Engineering Manager - Data Services