Manager, Stock Administration
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Creators of Snapchat, Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Zenly
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We are looking for a Manager, Stock Administration to join Snap Inc! We’re looking for a pro-active, self-directed person who can manage the overall activities of equity compensation administration and accounting, including variance analysis and process improvement. Working from our Los Angeles, CA headquarters, you’ll collaborate with a team of finance professionals and business partners throughout the company.
What you’ll do:
- Manage equity administration and accounting
- Manage, mentor, develop, and oversee stock administration team members
- Ensure accuracy on all stock based compensation (SBC) accounting journal entries, reconciliations, and flux analysis
- Serve as a liaison between transfer agent and broker
- Ensure the proper taxation is applied to all equity exercises and releases
- Oversee the preparation of all relevant equity transactions such as exercises, releases, equity compensation from M&A deals, SBC, and intercompany recharge
- Review monthly equity gain and tax withholding reconciliations for all payrolls to ensure proper reporting
- Assist with the reporting, reviewing, and tracking of 10b5-1 trading plans
- Responsible for data accuracy and reporting of all proxy disclosures and SEC filings
- Maintain equity capitalization table reconciliation
- Maintain share pool balances
- Manage and respond to inquiries related to stock-based compensation data transactions
- Optimize processes and procedures for scalability, including international expansion
- Responsible for compliance with 404 SOX requirements for the entire equity process
- Play a key role in general process improvements and process documentation for all facets related to compensation accounting
- Manage the mobility program and international reporting compliance from an equity perspective
- Provide support for ad hoc analyses and other projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with excellent academic credentials, an emphasis in finance or accounting strongly preferred
- 5+ years of stock administration experience or relevant experience
- Experience with U.S. federal and state taxation relating to equity compensation and general knowledge of global taxation of equity compensation
- Exceptional analytical skills and strong Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookup’s, etc.)
- Outstanding analytical, communication, and organizational skills
- Excellent business judgment, strategic thinking, and ability to manage multiple matters
- Detail-oriented, business-friendly team player with an ability to accommodate tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!